If your child reads while eating or eats while reading, this summer is for you! The Glen Ellyn Public Library’s summer reading theme is Reading Is So Delicious!
Here are some ideas on how your family can embrace our summer reading theme:
- Savor vacation before you go. Get a taste for your destination with an information book on WDC, presidential pets, a biography in a graphic novel, or a 4th of July craft.
- Sink your teeth into a subject of interest. Did a class at school offer just a taste of rainforest animals but not a full course? Summer is time to devour information on the jungle cats and lizards through the library’s books and videos.
- Share an entrée. The whole family can gorge on a read aloud or audio book together.
- Develop a taste for something new. Nibble a little from a format you don’t normally use. GEPL offers tons of ways to enjoy reading: Playaways? Audiobooks? Downloadables? All on our menu!
- Gepl.org is all ready for you to register for programs and GEPL’s summer newsletter and online calendar have complete details. Watch for it in your mailbox or check it out online!
SPECIAL sign-up program this year: Whet your appetites for the summer by registering early for summer reading at the library beginning May 21! The early bird gets the worm, and so do kids who sign up early for summer reading – a gummy worm, that is.
You can also join GEPL at the Taste of Glen Ellyn this weekend to learn about summer reading, play The Hunger Games trivia, and win prizes.
-Robin, Early Literacy Librarian