The Friends of the Glen Ellyn Public Library have located copies of the required English books Glenbard West and South students need for the 2013-2014 school year. Paperbacks cost 50 cents and hardcovers cost $1.00.
The GEPL currently has limited copies of the following titles:
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- Beloved by Toni Morrison
- The Canterbury Tales by Geoffery Chaucer
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
- Jayne Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Macbeth by Shakespeare
- The Odyssey by Homer
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles
- The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
Books are located in the “Used Book Corner” in the library’s lobby (between the stairs and the Youth Department).
To find out what books you might need for classes, view the Glenbard Booklist here.