Use the Glen Ellyn Public Library if I Live in Another Town
Register your hometown library card with the library by stopping in at the Circulation Desk.
Please have the following items available when you come in:
- Your current library card from your hometown library, clear of fines or fees.
- A valid picture ID with your home address on it.
You will need to fill out a registration card with your current address and personal information. The library will call your hometown library to check your account privileges. Once the library receives the OK from your hometown library, your information will be entered into our database. You will be able to borrow materials and use our Internet stations with an Internet Express Card, available at the 2nd Floor Information Desk.
What privileges will I have at GEPL once I am approved?
- You can borrow any circulating items (except from the Hot Picks collection and downloadable materials) that are available when you come to the library.
- You can use our Online Research Tools while in the library.
- You will still need to contact your home library to place reserves and interlibrary loans; or search for downloadable books.
For a list of our borrowing timetables and fees, please see our Loan Periods, Renewals, Fines page.