Suggestions and Comments
Thank you for your suggestions, comments and ideas for improvements. The library welcomes member feedback and, where possible and practical, makes adjustments.
May 2017 Suggestions
667. I was trying to do homework and then there was a loud power sander going. Also, every chair by windows was filled with sleeping people. I think priority should be given to those doing work or studying not sleeping. Also, construction should be done after hours because it’s very loud and disruptive to those working.
We are sorry about the noise. We make every effort to perform maintenance and repair work before and/or after regular hours. Sometimes small projects must be conducted by library staff during the regular work day. When those occasions occur, we limit loud noise to 15 minutes. Even if the work is not completed, the noise is silenced after 15 minutes.
668. We love the trains!!
Glad to hear it.
669. Impossible to find DVD’s! You must know the category. Madness!
Please always feel free to ask a staff person to assist you in looking up a title if you are unsure in which category it is shelved. Over the years, we have found that the majority of our users prefer the movies broken down by categories.
April 2017 Suggestions
665. It would be helpful to have more LCD monitors available for use. College of DuPage has stopped allowing Public use of its meeting rooms. In result, I come here, but after 3 pm on weekdays it seems to not be available do to traffic. (High School)
Thank you for this great idea! We are considering adding more LCD monitors.
666. _____ is a gem in the great service at this library. I do not have “Face Book” and I wanted to sign the online petition for No to a 24/7 gas station at 5 Corners. Glen Ellyn owns the land. 1,2,3 minutes he found the site and I could sign the petition.
Thank you for the compliment! It will be shared with the staff member and their supervisor.
March 2017 Suggestions
663. May I commend you for a combination of compassion and hospitality in giving a respite place for a homeless man whom I saw in the library. Whereas a library is not a substitute for adequate shelter and safety — a need for all of us, rich or poor — I am pleased that this library provides that during times that would test us all.
664. Why not have a sign at the top of the stairs; “Please turn cell phones down or off.”
Our Member Code of Conduct, which is posted in places throughout the building, states that in respect to other members’ use of the library one should set cell phone ringers to silent. Staff will be reminded to notify members of this matter.
654. There isn’t paper by the “catalog” to write down call #’s.
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will check this daily going forward.
655. Thank you for the wonderful Book Babies Class — the teacher is great!!
Thank you for the compliment!!
656. I like how everyone is so nice and helps me out : )
We are always happy to help.
657. Need to serve healthy refreshments for diabetics to people for low sugar during visits.
We will keep this in mind when we provide refreshments.
658. _______ she is such a sweet lady. She completely made my day!!! She brightens up this library with her smile and grace. I hope to see her soon.
Thank you for the lovely compliment. It will be shared with both the employee and their supervisor.
659. Thanks for all the wonderful children’s programming. Toddler Tales has been a fantastic opportunity for my son to interact with other kids his age and continue to develop his love of learning. Your efforts are appreciated! [ “I like the bubble part and the toy part best.” Says almost 3 year old attendee.]
Thank you for sharing this compliment with us!
660. Thank you for hosting the amazing art show and giving a platform to our youth.
It was our pleasure.
661. Please purchase It’s Time to Get Your S.H.I.P. Together! by Dan Chappelle.
This title will be purchased and you will be notified when it is available.
662. I am very disappointed in your collection of large print books, old and new. I have been going to Elmhurst, Saint Charles and Schaumburg. They have large collections of large print books old and new.
Thank you for your comment concerning our large print collection. We have budget and space constraints very different from the larger libraries that you mention, but please know that we are always willing to obtain any title you wish through our reciprocal borrowing agreements. Also, if you wish to suggest titles for us to purchase, we are happy to consider those as well.
644. What happened to the letters (sign) by the elevator? The replacement sign is really cheesy.
Someone pulled a letter off the wall and took it with them. We do not have any more letters to match. We will have new signage installed in that area when we renovate that department in 2018. So, we will use the temporary sign until the renovation.
645. We are so sad to see there is no golf this year. I hope you will bring it back next year. Maybe have it every other year if it is too much work.
It has been three years since we stopped holding the mini-golf game in the library. It is a great deal of work to put on the event and attendance dropped over the years. It or something else like it may occur at some point.
646. I just wanted to give a shout out gratefully for your wonderful clerk ___________who gave me terrific help and attention today!!
Thank you for the lovely compliment. This will be shared both with the employee and their supervisor.
647. I think that your policy on returns –- should have a grace period — like 5 days from the due date. Many libraries have this — GE is no exception giving us a break!
Although we do not offer the grace period you suggest — items can be renewed up to three times if there is no one waiting, email reminders are sent two days before the item is due, and we offer the option to renew by phone, online and via text.
648. We love your football helmet collection! We love to “play” football.
We are glad to hear you like one of the collections on display in the Youth Department.
649. How do we sign up to show a collection?
Just talk to the staff at the service desk in the Youth Department and they will be happy to explain how this process works.
650. Hi, I love studying here!
651. I enjoy studying in the safe environment of the library.
We are pleased to know you like the space.
652. Please put writing implements and paper and a writing surface by the search iPad. How can one do research if one can only get one book at a time? A valuable thing libraries can teach is attention and quiet.
The iPad stations are intended for quick lookups of one or two items. More in-depth research can be conducted at the area closer to the service desk marked catalog research. At that location, one can sit down, there is a counter on which to write and we provide both pencils and paper.
653. Please buy this book Reinvention Roadmap by Liz Ryan. She is a frequent contributor to Forbes magazine.
Thank you for the suggestion. We will order it right away.
Thank you for the suggestions. Please email additional remarks to firstname.lastname@example.org. A library staff member will respond to all comments which include the correspondent’s contact information. Comments and responses are also posted on the public bulletin board in the library vestibule. You may also contact the library by mail, phone or fax at:
Glen Ellyn Public Library
400 Duane Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137