The mission of the Glen Ellyn Public Library is to serve the community as a vibrant center for information, learning and discovery.
December 2014 Suggestions
October 2014 Suggestions
September 2014 Suggestions
August 2014 Suggestions
July 2014 Suggestions
June 2014 Suggestions
May 2014 Suggestions
April 2014 Suggestions
March 2014 Suggestions
February 2014 Suggestions
467. Your employee___________________ called me and kept my wallet which I forgot when I was at the Library. She is so nice to do that. All my important stuff including money was in there. It is nice to know that good, honest people like her are in this world. She should be rewarded.
We are so happy that you were reunited with your wallet and all of its contents. Both the employee and her supervisor will be told of your gratitude.
468. I know this is in the future plan, however could a temporary drive-up mailbox style box drop be placed outside sooner for easier drop off access. I love my library!! Great staff.
We are pleased to hear that you like the idea of the drive-up drop off for materials. There is not a practical way to implement this on a long term basis – we will just have to wait until the remodel of that area.
469. Please buy Caillou’s Holidays DVD.
This title has been a part of our collection since 12/12/2013. If it is not on the shelf when you are looking for it- ask a library staff member to help you place a hold on it, so when it is returned you can check it out.
January 2014 Suggestions
459. THANK YOU!! This was the most fun I’ve had in a long time & I feel like I am speaking for everyone here or at least my 4 friends. Also the librarians organizing really did an amazing job. It really let the library space shine in a whole new light, was an effortless much needed way to get some exercise and met new friends. Please do this again!! [Note was in regards to NERF Wars]
We are so happy to know that you enjoyed the event. Keep an eye out for some more fun and exciting events in the future.
460. My son is in the 2yr old storytime on Fridays. Last session the instructor incorporated music with scarf time, bubbles and toys. My son LOVED it. Would it be possible for our new instructor to incorporate more music into these points too? Thanks a bunch!
We will share your suggestion with the new instructor.
461. Friendly, educated, competent young employees knowledgeable of library movies and internet.
Thank you for the compliment. We are happy to assist you.
462. The library is awesome. I want to live here : )
We are glad you enjoy spending time here.
463. _______ in the Adult Services dept. was so helpful!! She helped me scan and upload some important documents. What a patient and helpful employee. The LIbrary is lucky to have her working here.
Your lovely compliment will be shared with both the employee and her supervisor. Thank you for sharing.
464. Please consider moving the “Outstanding Employee” Parking spot to the space opposite it on the south side. With so many high profile vehicles (SUV’s, etc.), one generally can’t see the sign until you’ve pulled in the space. If it’s on the south side, one can see the sign without obstruction as you pull around the curve. Not a big deal, but it is an annoyance.
We will consider your suggestion.
465. Parking spaces are too narrow- especially when loading up kids, books, etc.
Thank you for your input. The original new parking lot design called for wider spaces- however during the permit process we had to reduce the width to 8.5 foot wide in accordance with Village Ordinance 4096.
466. I have just had help from a wonderful person, ____________________, who looked up every possible reference for buyers and collectors of long-playing vinyl records. Her help was invaluable. You’re so lucky to have her here, and so am I.
We are pleased to hear you received great customer service during this transaction. Your kind words will be shared with both the employee and her supervisor.
Thank you for the Suggestions, if you have more please let us know by emailing reference[at]gepl[dot]org. A library staff member will respond to all comments which include the correspondent’s contact information. Comments and responses are posted on the public bulletin board in the library vestibule and online. You may also contact us by mail, phone or fax at:
Glen Ellyn Public Library
400 Duane Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137