The mission of the Glen Ellyn Public Library is to serve the community as a vibrant center for information, learning and discovery.
543. Please add this book to your collection: Moonlight on Butternut Lake by Mary McNear. This title would be good for book clubs.
Thank you for sharing this title with us. It will be shared with the selector for that portion of the fiction collection.
544. I want to let you know about the OUTSTANDING SERVICE I received on Sunday, July 19 in the Children’s Dept. The librarians were excellent. They helped me pick out wonderful books for a 3 year old and puppets. They were great!!
We are so happy to hear you had a great interaction with library staff! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
545. Please purchase the Johnny Cash album titled “Any Old Wind that Blows”.
Your suggestion will be shared with the selector of CD music.
546. All Glen Ellyn staff members I have encountered were great to meet. During my day at your library, I observed numerous professional encounters of staff with patrons, going above and beyond to make everyone welcome, and immediately deduct a person’s needs. I look forward to making my next visit to the Glen Ellyn Public Library.
Thank you for the lovely compliment. We look forward to serving you the next time you visit.
537. Author James Cherry of The Last Stage does a great presentation. I saw him at the Tinley Park Library last year. It was interesting and well attended. Since he is from Glen Ellyn, I imagine a similar event at GEPL would be very well attended. Fans of The Doors classic rock or music in general would find this appealing.
Thank you for the suggestion. We will look into this.
538. We were here for the heroes art project and really appreciated the spread : )! We really enjoyed _____. She was warm, kind, encouraging and flexible. The kids loved her. Thank you for so many things!!
Thank you for the lovely compliment. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the program. Your kind words will be shared with the employee and their supervisor.
539. This Library = Really cool, but the Junior High students need their own space.
We completely agree that Junior High students need their own special space at GEPL. We are happy to say that we will be creating this special space as part of the remodel that will start on the youth area of the Library beginning in September.
540. and 541. Parking spaces are way too small; parking spaces should be about 3” wider.
Thank you for your input. The original new parking lot design called for wider spaces- however during the permit process we had to reduce the width to 8.5 foot wide in accordance with Village Ordinance 4096.
542. I had a very good experience with __________ in the children’s section. She was really friendly and encouraging for a girl with a disability. This is really important to have nice people because those with a disability can be easily scared. Thank you so very much!! Please keep her on staff.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the library. This compliment will be shared with both the staff member and their supervisor.
535. What a neat exhibit of Knights and Legos. So nice to see the development of hobbies.
We are happy to hear you enjoy viewing the various collections displayed by children in the youth department.
536. Please try to get Bobby Mackey CD and also please try to purchase Johnny Cash Any Old Wind that Blows.
We own a copy of Title: The legend [sound recording] Author: Cash, Johnny. Publisher: Columbia/Legacy, p2005. Format: Audio CD. This CD includes the song Any Old Wind that Blows. Just ask a staff member to help you locate it the next time you visit the Library. We will look into purchasing the other suggested artist.
534. ___, ____, ____, ____, ____, ____, ____, ____, ____, ____, and others. I have been helped in the library they are pleasant, knowledgeable, personable. The staff is always great. I love this staff. Please compliment all of the above personally. Thank you for your service.
Thank you for the lovely compliment!! We are so pleased to know you find your visits to the Glen Ellyn Public Library enjoyable. Each staff member you listed, as well as their supervisors will be notified of your appreciation.
528. Please purchase Love, Again: The Wisdom of Unexpected Romance.
This title will be purchased.
529. I don’t understand why shooting games are allowed in the children’s library!!
The role of the library is to provide a wide variety of materials programs and services for our members. It is the role of the parent or caregiver to determine what is or is not appropriate for their own child.
530. Trivia contests should be held at the Library – not at a bar!
We have held and continue to have trivia contests on occasion at the Library. For example the Sock Hop held at the Library on March 14 included a trivia contest. We also often post trivia questions via social media for a chance to win a prize. Once a month we sponsor trivia night at a local business. We have found this to be an effective way to market library materials, programs and services to a larger audience. We gladly welcome opportunities to work with other businesses and organizations in our community.
531. How about offering a Free Zumba class in the evening every week? Addison and Glendale Heights libraries offer these. It’s multi-generational, healthy and fun. A good community builder.
We will investigate this idea further. We did offer a Yoga class in October 2014 and it was not well attended.
532. I would like to thank the adult reference section of the Library. I am currently job seeking and they have been a great help when I am working on the computer with questions and time needed to search.
Thank you for the lovely comment. We are happy to help you in any way we can.
533. I had wanted the complete first season of “Make Room for Daddy’ on DVD and also the sequel series called “Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space.”
We have searched all of the libraries throughout the United States and no one has the full first season of Make Room for Daddy on DVD to lend, as we shared with you on March 31, 2015. Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space on DVD is on its way.
527. Thank you for creating the “Emerging Authors” display! I found a book there titled Kessen’s Kronikles (non-fiction) by Jennifer Rae that called my name. It’s one of those books I’m glad I read, but might never have found otherwise if not for seeing it on display in that collection. I’ve read another title displayed there also- A Minor by Philbrick- a local author. It’s one I read about somewhere and asked that it be ordered – now it’s on display and hopefully others will find /read it/enjoy it. Thanks again.
We are pleased to know you are enjoying our new “Emerging Authors” collection.
521. It would be nice to locate the newspapers in an area where seating is available. The current location of papers leaves one wondering where to go to sit down and read.
There is a lovely new reading lounge available just down the hall from where the newspapers are located. You will also find a variety of both hard and soft seating scattered throughout the 2nd floor. Please feel free to take the newspaper to any of the seating areas available on the 2nd floor.
522. You guys should have Rockabye Baby Guns & Roses, Rockabye Baby Bon Jovi, Rockabye Baby Pink, Rockabye Baby Eminem, Rockabye Baby Michael Jackson, Rockabye Baby Bob Marley and Rockabye Baby Black Sabbath.
We do have a variety of the Rockabye baby CD’s in our collection by other artists. We will consider adding the ones you have listed.
523. Have you ever thought about giving us direct access to reserve materials? Put ‘em out front so we can check ourselves. Just saw this in Barrington. Very cool!!
Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, this is something we want to do. We will be reconfiguring the space where books are checked in and out in 2016 and this is one of the changes we plan to make in that reconfiguration.
524. There needs to be better lighting over the Adult New Fiction books. It is hard to browse in the low lighting.
New lighting has been installed and the area is now much brighter.
525. I think it would be a good idea to get small shopping carts to make it easier to get more books that you want verses the carrying totes.
Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider it.
526. Please buy JUV and YA books and resources about genealogy.
Thank you for the suggestion. We will add some titles in this area. In the meantime, there are some JUV and YA genealogy titles available from other libraries in our consortium, just ask a staff person to help you place a request for them and they will be sent to Glen Ellyn for you to pick up.
Thank you for the suggestions. If you have more, please email email@example.com with them. A library staff member will respond to all comments which include the correspondent’s contact information. Comments and responses are posted on the public bulletin board in the library vestibule and online. You may also contact us by mail, phone or fax at:
Glen Ellyn Public Library
400 Duane Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137