The mission of the Glen Ellyn Public Library is to serve the community as a vibrant center for information, learning and discovery.
528. Please purchase Love, Again: The Wisdom of Unexpected Romance.
This title will be purchased.
529. I don’t understand why shooting games are allowed in the children’s library!!
The role of the library is to provide a wide variety of materials programs and services for our members. It is the role of the parent or caregiver to determine what is or is not appropriate for their own child.
530. Trivia contests should be held at the Library – not at a bar!
We have held and continue to have trivia contests on occasion at the Library. For example the Sock Hop held at the Library on March 14 included a trivia contest. We also often post trivia questions via social media for a chance to win a prize. Once a month we sponsor trivia night at a local business. We have found this to be an effective way to market library materials, programs and services to a larger audience. We gladly welcome opportunities to work with other businesses and organizations in our community.
531. How about offering a Free Zumba class in the evening every week? Addison and Glendale Heights libraries offer these. It’s multi-generational, healthy and fun. A good community builder.
We will investigate this idea further. We did offer a Yoga class in October 2014 and it was not well attended.
532. I would like to thank the adult reference section of the Library. I am currently job seeking and they have been a great help when I am working on the computer with questions and time needed to search.
Thank you for the lovely comment. We are happy to help you in any way we can.
533. I had wanted the complete first season of “Make Room for Daddy’ on DVD and also the sequel series called “Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space.”
We have searched all of the libraries throughout the United States and no one has the full first season of Make Room for Daddy on DVD to lend, as we shared with you on March 31, 2015. Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space on DVD is on its way.
527. Thank you for creating the “Emerging Authors” display! I found a book there titled Kessen’s Kronikles (non-fiction) by Jennifer Rae that called my name. It’s one of those books I’m glad I read, but might never have found otherwise if not for seeing it on display in that collection. I’ve read another title displayed there also- A Minor by Philbrick- a local author. It’s one I read about somewhere and asked that it be ordered – now it’s on display and hopefully others will find /read it/enjoy it. Thanks again.
We are pleased to know you are enjoying our new “Emerging Authors” collection.
521. It would be nice to locate the newspapers in an area where seating is available. The current location of papers leaves one wondering where to go to sit down and read.
There is a lovely new reading lounge available just down the hall from where the newspapers are located. You will also find a variety of both hard and soft seating scattered throughout the 2nd floor. Please feel free to take the newspaper to any of the seating areas available on the 2nd floor.
522. You guys should have Rockabye Baby Guns & Roses, Rockabye Baby Bon Jovi, Rockabye Baby Pink, Rockabye Baby Eminem, Rockabye Baby Michael Jackson, Rockabye Baby Bob Marley and Rockabye Baby Black Sabbath.
We do have a variety of the Rockabye baby CD’s in our collection by other artists. We will consider adding the ones you have listed.
523. Have you ever thought about giving us direct access to reserve materials? Put ‘em out front so we can check ourselves. Just saw this in Barrington. Very cool!!
Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, this is something we want to do. We will be reconfiguring the space where books are checked in and out in 2016 and this is one of the changes we plan to make in that reconfiguration.
524. There needs to be better lighting over the Adult New Fiction books. It is hard to browse in the low lighting.
New lighting has been installed and the area is now much brighter.
525. I think it would be a good idea to get small shopping carts to make it easier to get more books that you want verses the carrying totes.
Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider it.
526. Please buy JUV and YA books and resources about genealogy.
Thank you for the suggestion. We will add some titles in this area. In the meantime, there are some JUV and YA genealogy titles available from other libraries in our consortium, just ask a staff person to help you place a request for them and they will be sent to Glen Ellyn for you to pick up.
Thank you for the suggestions. If you have more, please email email@example.com with them. A library staff member will respond to all comments which include the correspondent’s contact information. Comments and responses are posted on the public bulletin board in the library vestibule and online. You may also contact us by mail, phone or fax at:
Glen Ellyn Public Library
400 Duane Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137