The mission of the Glen Ellyn Public Library is to serve the community as a vibrant center for information, learning and discovery.
521. It would be nice to locate the newspapers in an area where seating is available. The current location of papers leaves one wondering where to go to sit down and read.
There is a lovely new reading lounge available just down the hall from where the newspapers are located. You will also find a variety of both hard and soft seating scattered throughout the 2nd floor. Please feel free to take the newspaper to any of the seating areas available on the 2nd floor.
522. You guys should have Rockabye Baby Guns & Roses, Rockabye Baby Bon Jovi, Rockabye Baby Pink, Rockabye Baby Eminem, Rockabye Baby Michael Jackson, Rockabye Baby Bob Marley and Rockabye Baby Black Sabbath.
We do have a variety of the Rockabye baby CD’s in our collection by other artists. We will consider adding the ones you have listed.
523. Have you ever thought about giving us direct access to reserve materials? Put ‘em out front so we can check ourselves. Just saw this in Barrington. Very cool!!
Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, this is something we want to do. We will be reconfiguring the space where books are checked in and out in 2016 and this is one of the changes we plan to make in that reconfiguration.
524. There needs to be better lighting over the Adult New Fiction books. It is hard to browse in the low lighting.
New lighting has been installed and the area is now much brighter.
525. I think it would be a good idea to get small shopping carts to make it easier to get more books that you want verses the carrying totes.
Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider it.
526. Please buy JUV and YA books and resources about genealogy.
Thank you for the suggestion. We will add some titles in this area. In the meantime, there are some JUV and YA genealogy titles available from other libraries in our consortium, just ask a staff person to help you place a request for them and they will be sent to Glen Ellyn for you to pick up.
Thank you for the suggestions. If you have more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with them. A library staff member will respond to all comments which include the correspondent’s contact information. Comments and responses are posted on the public bulletin board in the library vestibule and online. You may also contact us by mail, phone or fax at:
Glen Ellyn Public Library
400 Duane Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137