456. I am a certified teacher in the area. I have been substitute and tutoring for 12 years. Some libraries have a tutoring list for the community. Both Naperville and Elgin have such lists. I would like to see Glen Ellyn create such a list.
Thank you for your suggestion. We will contact the local schools and determine if there is a list for Glen Ellyn. We will also contact the libraries in Naperville and Elgin and learn more about their lists.
457. Please consider accepting donations of older video games like PlayStation 2. I don’t want the library to spend money on older games but I would like to see donations allowed. I think many people would rather donate old games to the library than selling them to Game Stop.
Thank you for the idea. We would be happy to accept donations of older video game cartridges. We will then review these donations to see what might be added to the collection and what will be given to the Friends for resale.
458. My grandson loved the Scratch Lab program on Saturday. He went home and worked on it for two more hours. We’d like to see more of these kinds of programs.
Thank you for the lovely compliment. Please watch for more science and technology programming in our upcoming event guides and e-news. Don’t miss our Full S.T.E.A.M. Ahead day of fun filled science, technology, engineering, arts and math activities on March 8, 2014.
454. The Sea Beast program on November 16 was absolutely wonderful. – one of your best programs ever. My daughter loved it. Thanks for planning this event, youth services! Thank you.
We are so happy to know you enjoyed the program- thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.
455. Would it please, be possible for some suggestions to be made to the nannies who bring children in their care to the library? Perhaps they could watch their behavior, play/read to them and supervise their behavior. They act like it is a “child-free” time for them. Thank you.
We strive to provide a wide variety of activities for children that can be performed alone or with an adult. We announce in the youth area when structured programs are taking place so that parents and caregivers may have the children participate if they so choose.
October 2013 Suggestions
October 2013 Suggestions
452. It would be nice to know the position you are in the hold queue when waiting for an item. Please add this feature.
This feature can be very misleading in a negative way when turned on in our system- allow me to explain. We participate in a catalog consortium that has nine member libraries. When we turn this feature on it gives the literal number that you are in the overall hold list for all nine libraries- what the system cannot take into consideration is that as a Glen Ellyn library member you may have a much higher spot on the hold list for the Glen Ellyn copy of the title then what your hold number is in the overall hold list for all nine libraries. Until the software developer can manipulate the software to make it provide the true hold number we have requested the feature be turned off. If you would like to know your true position in the hold queue feel free to ask a staff member to look it up for you.
453. Librarian ________________ was the most helpful librarian I have ever met.
We are happy to help. Your comment will be shared with both the staff member and their supervisor.
Thank you for your suggestion. We will add it to the list of titles we are considering for the new budget year.
391. Would you consider subscribing to Zineo online magazine for cardholders?
Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider it.
392. EBAY class was excellent!!
Thank you for the compliment – we are happy to hear you enjoyed the class.
393. Wow! New Sections! Cool! Fiction over there, Non-Fiction over there- Clear as Mud. The 800’s and 900’s are literature mostly plays and poetry and they are on a shelf labeled Non-Fiction! Why? Is Macbeth non-fiction? Is the Road Less Traveled non-fiction?
Thank you for your comments. We too struggle at times with the way in which some items are classified by the Dewey Decimal system- plays and short stories are a good example.
394. _______ was so very helpful while I was applying for a job online. She was so helpful and very patient. Give that kind woman a raise!!
We are pleased to learn you had a great customer experience. Both the individual and her supervisor will be informed of her quality performance.
395. Please carry paper versions of following magazines: Diabetes Forecast, Autism Advocate, other diabetes magazines, other autism magazines.
Thank you for your suggestion. We will add these to the list of titles we are considering for the new budget year.
Thank you for the Suggestions, if you have more please let us know by emailing reference[at]gepl[dot]org. A library staff member will respond to all comments which include the correspondent’s contact information. Comments and responses are posted on the public bulletin board in the library vestibule and online. You may also contact us by mail, phone or fax at:
Glen Ellyn Public Library
400 Duane Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137