The Affordable Care Act
The Healthcare Marketplace is open November 1, 2017 through December 15, 2017.
- November 1: Open enrollment begins. Apply for, keep, or change your coverage.
- December 15: Last day to enroll or change plans for 2018.
- January 1: 2018 coverage starts.
This is a shorter enrollment period than previous years. If you don’t act by December 15, you can’t get 2018 coverage unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
You may buy Marketplace Insurance outside Open Enrollment only if you qualify for a special enrollment period (SEP) due to a qualifying life event such as marriage, birth or adoption of a child, or loss of other health coverage. Learn more about how you qualify for a special enrollment period at Your Options Outside Open Enrollment.
Small businesses may get information by visiting SHOP Marketplace.
Prepare to Apply
To apply for coverage you may need to have the following items available:
- Driver’s License or state ID
- Income verification including W-2s, unemployment, Social Security, and/or pay stubs
- Social Security numbers for you and anyone else who will be included in your coverage
Review and Renew Workshops
Saturday, November 18 at 9 am or 11 am
Wednesday, December 6 at 5 pm or 7 pm
If you have signed up for health insurance in the past you must review and renew your current insurance plan during marketplace Open Enrollment. To assist clients who want to review and renew, the DuPage County Health Department will be at the library for this free workshop. Please call 630-221-7606 to reserve your spot.
A limited number of computers will be available at the workshop, but you are asked to bring your marketplace log in information and a personal computer or smart phone if you are able. Health Department staff will be available at all these workshops for assistance.