The library has a number of resources to help high school students with their homework. Browse the links below or check out the Textbook Collection available for use in the library if your textbooks are at home or school. Librarians at the 2nd Floor Information Desk would be happy to help you find additional resources at any time. And of course, don’t forget to check online and in-person with your high school library!
This is a selection of the many online databases available in the library or at home using your Glen Ellyn Library Card. For more options, check out our Online Research Tools page.
An easy-to-use tool for research projects and homework.
Journals, articles and reports in education.
Connects to full-text magazine and journal articles, as well as abstracts, in a wide range of subjects. Includes access to ERIC and Medline.
Gale Virtual Reference Library:
Access more than 1,000 electronic reference titles. Subject areas include health, science, art, history, business, biography and more.
Offers newspaper, magazine and encyclopedia articles organized by level, Lexile and Core Curriculum Standards.
Learning Express Library
– Offers practice tests, exercises and information to help achieve success at school, at work or in life.
– A vast video library of engaging, top-quality courses in business, software, technology and creative skills taught by experts.
– A language-learning system that teaches actual conversation skills for over 60 languages from around the world.
– Search popular magazines and academic journals on a variety of topics for school or personal enjoyment.
– Online newspaper archives, including the Chicago Tribune
, the Daily Herald
, the New York Times
, the Wall Street Journal
Science In Context
– An in-depth science database. This resource focuses on key concepts taught in school classrooms.
Links to Help with Homework
Here are a few collected links to outside sources that might help with your assignment.
Over 7,000 biographies and daily features highlighting newsworthy, compelling and surprising points-of-view about famous people.
CIA World Fact Book:
Provides information on the history, people, government, economy, energy, geography, communications, transportation, military and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
Automatically generates citations in MLA, APA, Chicago, Turabian and thousands more!
Everything from encyclopedia articles, to Behind the News and Spotlight features, to lists and quizzes.
Combines essential reference materials, fun facts and features and homework help.
Free learning guides, online courses, college readiness prep and test prep help.
Help understanding books, writing papers and studying for tests.