• Shoutbomb is a service allowing you to manage your library account via text messages
With Shoutbomb you can receive texts when:
• Your holds become available
• Items approach their due dates
• Items become overdue
• You want to renew items (via text message)
What do you need?
• A mobile phone and a wireless service that can send text messages to an e-mail address (it does NOT have to be a “smart” phone)
• A library card number and a library PIN
How Do I Get Started?
• Text “SIGNUP” to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Shoutbomb will send a reply asking for your library card number (14 digits-no spaces), your PIN and your e-mail address. If you don’t wish to provide your e-mail, type the word “NONE.”
After signup is complete, you can send Shoutbomb the following texts message commands:
HL: Get a list of holds that are ready for pick up
OI: Get a list of overdue items
RL: Get a list of items you can renew
RA: Renew all eligible items
QUIT: Stop receiving Shoutbomb text messages
ADDCARD: Add additional cards to your Shoutbomb account
DROPCARD: Remove a card from your Shoutbomb account
IOWEU: See your current amount of fines and fees
SWITCHPHONE: Switch phone numbers (if you receive a new phone or service provider)
The Glen Ellyn Public Library does not charge members for Shoutbomb use or service. Your mobile service provider’s regular text messaging rates will apply.