How do I become a member of Friends of the Library (FOL)?
Making a monetary donation to FOL establishes you as a member of the FOL organization for the current calendar year. Your donation will enhance library services and provide increased resources and materials. You can donate to FOL via PayPal on our home page at www.gepl.org/support/friends-of-the-library. Or, you can write a check made out to Friends of the Glen Ellyn Library and either drop it off at the library’s circulation desk or mail it to:
Glen Ellyn Public Library
c/o Friends of the Library
400 Duane Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
For more information on FOL membership, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the benefits of FOL membership?
Members receive free books, discounts and special invitations to FOL events, including:
- A free book, CD, DVD or other regularly priced item of your choice at all of our 2014 book sales
- Advance notice of FOL events, including our book sales, and FOL-sponsored library events, such as the Swinging Thru the Stacks mini golf event and the spring Ice Cream Social
To receive emails about FOL events, contact us at email@example.com.
How can I volunteer with FOL and enjoy more benefits?
Anyone can volunteer with FOL, regardless of their membership status. Volunteers can participate in a variety of activities:
- Working at our bimonthly used book sales held in the library basement
- Sorting and shelving donated items several times a month to prepare for sales
- Addressing and stuffing envelopes for our annual community mailing in October
- Helping at FOL-sponsored library events for the community throughout the year, such as the November Holiday Walk and Swinging Thru the Stacks
Volunteers also receive invitations to participate in special social activities just for our volunteers, such as movie nights at the Glen Art Theater to view films based upon current and classic books and private “bagels and books” shopping events in the basement.
For more information about volunteer opportunities, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.