The Glen Ellyn Public Library Foundation was established in 1998 to build an endowment that will ensure that future residents of Glen Ellyn enjoy high quality library service in an attractive, state-of-the-art facility. The public library is at the heart of the Village, serving residents of all ages, races, creeds, and socioeconomic levels.
The Foundation is an independent, non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization; governed by a volunteer board of directors made up of community members and non-voting representatives of the Friends of the Library, the Library Board of Trustees, and the Library administration. The Foundation accepts both outright and deferred gifts of all sizes from anyone who wishes to support the Library.
How is the Foundation Different from the Friends of the Library?
Unlike the Friends, the Foundation maintains an endowment fund. The Foundation’s endowment fund is supported by both planned giving and fundraising, whereas the Friends’ fundraising is done via an annual campaign and bi-monthly booksales. Donations to the Foundation are deposited in the endowment fund and interest earned on the principal investment is used to help fund special Library projects. The Friends Annual contribution to the Library supplements the book and program budgets.
For more information on the Foundation, e-mail Dawn Bussey, Director of the Glen Ellyn Public Library.
Donate to the Foundation
There are many ways to make a tax-deductible gift to the Glen Ellyn Public Library Foundation:
- Naming: Want to have a bookshelf, room of the library, or even our building named for you? Visit the Foundation Naming Opportunities page to learn more about available naming opportunities at the Library.
- Cash Gift
- Trust: Designate the Foundation as the beneficiary of a charitable lead trust or charitable remainder trust.
- Bequest: Designate the Foundation as a recipient of part or all of your estate.
- Insurance: Designate the Foundation as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Stocks: By contributing appreciated stock, you may receive tax advantages.
- Commemorative: Honor someone living or deceased, or celebrate a birth, graduation or other special occasion.
- Employee Matching Plan: Many employers match charitable contributions.
Consult your financial advisor or attorney to explore your options for charitable giving. Most provide significant tax advantages as well as the knowledge that you’ve made a wise investment in Glen Ellyn’s future.
Donations may be mailed to:
Glen Ellyn Public Library Foundation
400 Duane Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
GEPL Foundation Board of Trustees
President: Leland Lewis
Treasurer: Merrill Rajeck
Secretary: Kelley Kalinich
Member: Lawrence A. Stein
Member: James Meyers
Member: Gary Still
Member: Barbara Urgo
Member: Judith Wagner
GEPL Director: Dawn Bussey
GEPL Board President: Randolph (Ran) Sailer
Friends of GEPL President: Katie Scherer
Member, Ex-Officio: Ray Cliff
2016 Meeting Schedule
Quarterly, Library Board Room, 7:00 PM
January 11, 2016
May 17, 2016
August 29, 2016
October 24, 2016