Jobs At The Library
Employer/Library: Glen Ellyn Public Library
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week, including evenings and weekends
Salary: Starting salary $18.36 per hour depending on qualifications. Benefits include pro-rated holiday, vacation and sick pay, plus participation in IMRF.
Position Description: The Glen Ellyn Public Library is seeking a certified network and Windows technician with recent Cisco CCNA, Microsoft Windows, and A+ certifications to provide Information Technology support to library staff and patrons.
The Networking Associate will install, set up, support, and troubleshoot:
- Windows and Mac computers and iPads
- The library local area network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), wireless network (WiFi), and network cabling
- Cloud-based systems including Office 365 and Amazon AWS
- Audio-visual equipment like laptops, projectors, microphones, wireless mikes, and digital signage
- Microsoft Office 2016 Desktop products
- Active directory, DHCP, and DNS
- Computer Networking-related Associate’s Degree. Bachelors degree a plus.
- 3-5 years of successful IT work experience which may include 2 years of college lab work.
- Proof of Cisco CCNA, Microsoft Windows, Windows Server, and A+ certifications, or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate Windows server AD, DHCP, DNS, VMware virtualization, UNIX/LINUX experience.
- Intermediate Sonicwall or other security firewall experience.
- Intermediate WiFi networking with WiFi controller experience.
- Strong experience with Windows computer imaging, user profile management, and PC hardware repair.
- Office 2016 desktop and Office 365 troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with web hosting and WordPress a plus.
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure a plus.
- Experience with library ILS: SirsiDynix, Workflows, Enterprise a plus.
- Experience with PC management systems: MyPC, Papercut, Deep Freeze a plus.
- Experience with audio/video recording editing and mixing a plus.
- Ability to use analytical skills and Google for answers to complex issues affecting networks, systems, and applications.
- Familiarity with current network and computer security issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with library staff and members of all experience levels.
- Physical ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders, and run cabling over ceiling tiles are required.
- Ability to perform minor construction tasks: drilling, sawing, patching is required.
- Flexibility to include evening and weekend hours will be required.
Application Deadline: June 8, 2018
Application Contact: Joe Halter, IT Department Director
Send completed application, resume, cover letter, and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also mail your application to the address below. No phone calls please.
IT Department Director
Glen Ellyn Public Library
400 Duane Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Phone: No phone calls please.