To learn about volunteer opportunities at the library, contact Carrie Jeffries in the Circulation Department at (630)469-0879, or ask for an application at the circulation desk.
Middle schoolers, grades 6 through 8, may sign up to join the League of Middle School Volunteers. More details are available at the tween website.
Students going into grades 9-12 can join the GEPL Teen Summer Volunteer program, or get involved year-round with the Teen Leadership Council. More details available at the teen website.
Great New Volunteer Opportunity as a Digital Media Lab Assistant!
The Glen Ellyn Public Library is currently seeking volunteer assistants/interns for our new Digital Media Lab.
Description: We are looking for people-oriented, friendly assistants who are passionate about helping others with digital music creation and technology, and are adept at two or more of the following:
- Original music recording or mixing
- Using Audacity or Garage Band to convert vinyl records to digital, and edit music
- Recording with a MIDI keyboard into Audacity
- Digital Photography
- Movie making with iMovie
- Video editing with an Intensity Shuttle
- Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
Digital Media Lab Assistants will:
- Teach or assist Instructional Librarian in classes on Digital Media Lab music, design, and conversion equipment
- Welcome visitors at Open Conversion Nights, and be on hand to assist members with VHS, vinyl, and slides conversions
- Assist in creating instructional materials and how-to guides for DML equipment and software
- Meet with patrons to teach equipment one-to-one by appointment
- Help with computer class tasks: make phone calls or copy class handouts
Approximately one night per month (2-3 hours) assisting members with digital conversions, music recording and editing, Adobe applications, etc. in our Digital Media Lab.
Volunteers who have more time, interest or expertise are welcome to give additional time as needed to help with one-on-one tutoring appointments.
Experience as an instructor or tutor is ideal, but not required.
Please note: Applicant must be at least 18 years of age. Younger teens can find volunteer opportunities through our Information Desk on the Second Floor.
We welcome your interest in becoming a Digital Media Lab Assistant! To apply, please send a resume and/or letter detailing your relevant experience to Mary Kay Akers at email@example.com.
Additional volunteer opportunities:
americantowns.com provides links to many Glen Ellyn organizations and agencies.
Giving DuPage connects donors and volunteers with local agencies and offers tips on volunteering and giving.
VolunteerMatch has a search feature that can help find volunteer opportunities by topic and location.
“C.R.I.S.” Community Resource Information System provides social service information in DuPage County. Click on Volunteer Opportunities to search for providers that need help.