The Digital Media Lab
The library’s Digital Media Lab is a place where high school and adult members can create music and videos and edit digital creations in Garage Band, iMovie or Audacity. This soundproof lab makes an excellent home-away-from-home recording studio, complete with high-quality stereo speakers and wall panel sound diffusers.
Requirements and Procedures
GEPL cardholders in good standing and members from other libraries with reciprocal borrowing privileges may check out the Digital Media Lab on a first-come, first-served basis to use the provided equipment. GEPL cardholders may also reserve the Digital Media Lab up to seven days in advance.
Be sure to:
- Bring your library card
- Bring a picture ID
- Sign the Media Lab Use Agreement
The Digital Media Lab may be checked out for up to 3.5 hours at a time. You may make an appointment at the 2nd Floor Information Desk for a brief orientation to the lab. The Digital Media Lab is open during regular library hours, but always closes 45 minutes prior to the library closing.
- Practice your musical instrument.
- Record and edit digital music.
- Record a video or take a photo using the green screen (bring own camera).
- Two Macs, One iMac, and One Mac Mini with Audacity, Garage Band, iMovie, Pages, Keynote, and Numbers
- Green Screen Setup for Photography and Video
- Adobe CS6
- Final Cut Pro for Video Editing
- Intensity Shuttle for Video Editing
- Focusrite Audio Interface
- Four Channel Mixer
- MIDI Keyboard
- Three High-Quality Microphones
- Two Sony Headphones
- Guitar and Mic Cables