My love of crafting began early. My mother (sort of) taught me to use her sewing machine, and I went from there. My grandma taught me needlepoint. I asked for paint and canvases each birthday. While I doubt anyone would describe me as an artist, I’ve flourished in the age of Pinterest and love to do crafts with and for my daughter.
- Burp Clothes are super useful for keeping babies clean but also to help your little ones clean up spills and messes.
- Crafty Creatures by Jane Bull provides tutorials on how to sew and knit stuffed animals. So much fun with the 1st-3rd grade crowd, and you can use the same ideas to make fun little monster stuffies!
- This month, I’ll be sewing laptop sleeves with middle schoolers. There’s still time to register your student!
Great resources make crafting so much easier, and we have a number of them available at the library:
- Creativebug : An online resource for art and craft lessons with tutorials in sewing, crocheting, paper-crafting, and more.
- Did you know you can check out a sewing machine? It’s true, you can! Find it in the lobby near the Library Services Desk and watch the accompanying DVD to learn how to use the machine. Don’t forget to grab some books for inspiration!