“When the going gets tough, the tough get going.”
“If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.”
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
Did those quotes inspire you? Recall a specific memory? Make you grin?
- Help you conquer procrastination: “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”
- Bring a giggle: “Your secrets are safe with me…I wasn’t even listening.”
- Motivate you: “What’s the key to success? The key is, there is no key. Be humble, be hungry and the hardest worker in any room.”
- Make your heart skip a beat: “Sadness is but a wall between two gardens.”
- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” – The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
- “Sometimes, I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” – Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of them all.” – Mulan (DVD)
- “Nobody but me is gonna change my story.” – Matilda (DVD), Matilda (book) by Roald Dahl
Quotes speak to us. They reach into our mind and heart, and for an instant we are changed. The challenge is to make that change happen and be consistent, especially if it’s the positive change we want in our lives.
What are your favorite quotes? Stop by the Youth Desk and share them with us! We can also recommend books, movies, and music with powerful messages to make you smile, giggle, or motivate you while working toward your next goal.