2020 Suggestions and Comments
The library welcomes member suggestions, comments, and ideas for improvements and, where possible and practical, makes adjustments.
Please email additional remarks to reference followed by @gepl.org. A library staff member will respond to all comments that include the correspondent’s contact information. Comments and responses are also posted in the lobby of the library.
February 2020 Suggestions
890. I really enjoyed the Book Club Event! Really well done!
Thank you for the lovely compliment!
891. ______ spent close to a half hour helping me print some forms and fliers. They would not print for me, so they sent them to their computer and printer. I really appreciate their help, patience, and persistence. _____ is awesome!! Thank you!
So happy to hear we were able to help. Your comment will be shared with the employee and their supervisor.
892. Thank you for being the place where a homeless person told me today- “The Glen Ellyn Library is my favorite place to go – people there are so nice!
Thank you for sharing. We strive to provide friendly, helpful service to everyone who visits the Glen Ellyn Public Library.
893. Really enjoy having a full-service lunch counter here, and ______ is a gem.
Thank you for the compliment. Your comment will be shared with the employee and their supervisor.
894. It seems a better way could be developed to handle this situation: I received an email within a few days of due date that I could not renew because someone else has requested the book. I had intended to renew in order to finish the book.
Yes, if someone places a hold on an item the person who has it cannot renew it. This process helps assure popular material is returned and available for others to borrow.
895. _____ made me smile!
Thank you for letting us know. Your comment will be shared with the employee and their supervisor.
896. I just wanted to write a quick note to let you know what an awesome job _______ is doing! I teach the 4-year-old Preschool class at Rainbow Place and they have supported me each week all year long. ____ always goes above and beyond to help make our classroom a neat place to learn and grow.
Thank you so much for the lovely compliment!! It will be shared with the employee and their supervisor.
January 2020 Suggestions
877. I want Frozen II books!!
The Frozen II books are very popular. If you cannot find any on the shelf, please ask a staff member to help you place a hold on these titles.
878. The story times are a bit chaotic. There should be some organization and class room management by the librarian, reading leading story time. For example, have carpet squares so each child/parent know where to sit. And a set order so parents know when kids need to be quiet. The main noise issue was parents/grownups talking during reading time and they should be respectful during this time.
Your comments will be shared with the Youth Department Staff.
879. We LOVE the library and your awesome programs!! Especially Pizza and Plots. Any chance you’ll bring back Pint Sized Pizza and Plots? We miss it. Mondays were too hard. And the cafe rocks!!
We are so happy you enjoy both our programming and the cafe. We will take your suggestion to bring back Pint-Sized Plots ‘n Pizza under consideration.
880. It would be helpful if the library would simply alphabetize the movie DVDs instead of putting them in categories. I just saw the movie Tully a drama about an overwhelmed mother filed under musicals. Also a drama, The Frost, filed under comedy.
We did have all the movies in alphabetical order and every day members would ask that we put them in categories instead. We will check the classification of the titles you mentioned.
881. Next year, can the MLK display of items be bigger and more prominent. It was small this year! Thank you very much!
Thank you for the suggestion. We will take it into consideration.
882. The person working behind the counter around 6:30 on January 8th is extremely nice and above the bar while working, I did not purchase anything but the positivity and kind hearted personality inspired me enough to write this.
Thank you for sharing!!
883. The view into the library from the parking lot Crescent windows is really ugly. All those boxes packed against the windows make it look cheesy. If the boxes can’t be placed elsewhere could you consider some sort of opaque screen on the bottom part of the Crescent. Screening would hide the debris which is otherwise quite unwelcoming and gives the sense of a messy library – which is truly an untrue image. (I guess we are stuck with the ugly rug?)
I believe what you are seeing through the windows are the book carts full of books waiting to be shelved. We will investigate screening.
884. Please install bike racks on the south side of the library. It is not safe for children to be biking through the parking lot to get to the bike racks and we have been told that we can’t lock bikes to the bench.
The bike racks are located by the prairie path which is the direction from which the majority of bike traffic arrives at the library. We will investigate installing a bike rack on the south side.
885. _________ did an amazing job with the STEM Empathy awareness project development and exhibit. As an administrator with CASE and supervisor of teachers for the visually impaired I was impressed with the knowledge base. I appreciated the reflective process and sensitivity to the needs of the visually impaired.
Thank you for the lovely compliment. It will be shared with the staff member and their supervisor.
886. Please allow checkout of items online to other local libraries.
This restriction is made by the companies with whom we hold contracts to provide these online resources, not by the individual libraries. The RAILS Library system is working with the State Library to secure funding so that there could be certain online resources made available to all the residents of IL. This will take at least two years. Currently, anyone in IL can use an online resource called Biblioboard. The other option that is available to you right now is that you can purchase a Glen Ellyn Library card in addition to having your local library card.
887. Would it be possible to have books out with information on Alzheimer and dementia? Any books that are light hearted would be nice.
Thank you for the idea. We will add this to our list of ideas for book displays.
888. I love this library so much!!
889. ______ thank you for fixing frontline for me so I can sign up for sub jobs.
Happy we could help! Your comment will be shared with the staff member and their supervisor.