COVID-19 UpdatePosted: March 18, 2020
By: GEPL Staff
For the wellbeing of our visitors, the library building will be closed to the public until further notice. On Tuesday, March 17, the Village Board declared a local state of emergency in Glen Ellyn. News will be made available on this community alert page.
All physical materials that are currently checked out are not due until we reopen. Please do not place items in the book drop at this time.
Keep in mind that our digital library has free ebooks, e-audiobooks, movies, TV, and music services that you can use 24/7 with your library card! Look for tips and tricks on our social media channels.
Please continue to follow these simple steps, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), to stop the spread of illness:
- Stay calm.
- Stay home.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces you touch.
The health and safety of our GEPL community is our top priority. Thank you for your support and cooperation.
Additional Information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC Website
- COVID-19 Website
- What You Need to Know About COVID-19
- What to Do If You Are Sick With COVID-19
- Interim US Guidance for Risk Assessment and Public Health Management of Persons with Potential Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Exposure in Travel-Associated or Community Settings
- Health Alert Network
- Travelers’ Health Website
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health’s Small Business International Travel Resource Travel Planner
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 Recommendations for Ships