The holidays are quickly approaching, and this year is probably going to look a lot different for most of us. Your family might be choosing to stay home and just celebrate as a household.
There are still ways to show everyone how grateful you are to have them in your lives!
1. Write your relatives or friends a letter or draw a picture and send it in the mail.
2. Make a list of things you are grateful for and share it with your family.
3. Do something kind for someone in your family.
4. Find a special movie to watch as a family.
5. Make a video card for family members you usually visit but won’t be seeing in person this year.
6. Make cookies and share them with neighbors that might be celebrating alone.
7. Check out a book about gratitude from the library and read it together. Try A Thank You Walk by Nancy Loewen.
Even if your family won’t be seeing everyone you love this season, I hope you will help your children by reminding them about all the things they have to be grateful for.