Suggestions and Comments
724. We would love to see the library open until 8 or 9 pm on Friday evenings. Perfect library night! Thanks!
725. The new librarian in the children’s room is way too loud. Their laugh and voice is so loud it is distracting. The person seems very nice but needs to tone it down.
726. I love the library – let 14 year olds work here!! Or at least me – even if I didn’t get paid let me work here.
727. ________ is the best!!!
728. Please order “Longmire Season 6” on DVD.
729. Diaper Genie pails need to be in all public restrooms with changing stations. It shouldn’t just be in the YS bathroom. Thanks!!
719. My kids (8-boy) and (5-girl) came in yesterday. ______ and ______ were awesome! _____ helped my son pick out his patches for Patch Club. She was so patient and kind with him. She then helped me find the Pigeon books, like “Don’t Let Pigeon Drive the Bus” and reserve the ones that were out. ____ helped my son find a brand-new series by the Dogman author. My son was so excited he read for 2 hours! I appreciate their kindness and enthusiasm for helping kids!
720. Please, please, please, please order the book “Second Firsts, Live, Laugh, Love Again” by Christina Rasmussen ISBN 978-1-4083-6 (pbk). This is an excellent book for people getting over a major life loss — death, divorce. It tells how to go on. You have it on Hoopla — but a book like this needs to be read NOT online, the reader needs to HOLD the book and think about it, cry, then go back to the book. Too HARD to do online when grieving. Thank you.
721. I suggested some manga to _____ and he was able to order/request it for me. I’m happy with how kind and helpful he has been. I asked for several titles.
722. We love the Homework Café, please keep it going. Maybe make it a weekday thing instead of just Tuesdays and Thursdays.
723. Thank you so much for having the Homework Cafés!! They are highly appreciated, please keep them coming.
715. It was really easy to get in contact and plan a presentation room. It was a great opportunity for public speaking and I would recommend it to fellow students as a potential place to present and experience.
716. Great Library! Love the friendly staff and all the friendly pictures. Thanks!
717. This suggestion was made regarding Suggestion #713 in February 2018 and making bags of books available for parents to pick up to participate in 1,000 books before Kindergarten. This is a great suggestion! The Saint Charles Public Library has 2 different levels of “Literacy Bags” that members can check out. Each bag contains 10 picture books based upon a theme. They are very popular. Similar bags would be wonderful for busy parents and help them read more age appropriate books to their young children.
718. Hoopla — I enjoy using it, but it is hard to get materials. I could not sleep one night and was taking out a book at 1:30 am and I was able to get it. When I tried a second title at 1:45 am I received the message that the allotment was already reached. As I am rarely up at that hour – it will be impossible for me to checkout digital materials on a regular basis.
710. Keep up the good work. The library looks as good as it did when it was first renovated. I’m excited for the Lobby renovation. The design looks very cool.
711. IDEA – no children with food in the child area.
712. _____ went above and beyond! He listened to my 12-year-old son who reads avidly and voila — 4 books for my son to devour. THANKS, that’s a GREAT librarian.
713. I like the idea of the 1,000 books to read in childhood as suggested in the Youth Department. But, I don’t really have time to pick new books every week. It would be an amazing service if I could sign up for a subscription to pick up/exchange age appropriate books from the forthcoming drive thru window when it opens.
714. An email would be very considerate prior to being closed.
703. PLEASE have the USED book sales open till 4:30. A few have only been open ’till 2pm!!!
704. – 706. Three separate requests to form a Harry Potter Club.
707. Please order the book: “U Got to Have U Some Fun” by Andrew Harkless, ISBN 0986386502.
708. Please acquire this book: “An Inside Look at the IRS — Revealing the Secrets” by Philip Liberatore, ISBN 0977438910.
709. Last week — maybe Wednesday — when it was so icy. I drove in to the lot to return a book. You had a man stationed out there to take books so we didn’t have to get out of our cars. That was such a nice thing to do for your patrons. I bet it prevented a ton of falls.
Thank you for the suggestions. Please email additional remarks to firstname.lastname@example.org. A library staff member will respond to all comments which include the correspondent’s contact information. Comments and responses are also posted on the public bulletin board in the library vestibule. You may also contact the library by mail, phone, or fax at:
Glen Ellyn Public Library
400 Duane Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137