2019 Suggestions and Comments
Suggestions and Comments
The library welcomes member suggestions, comments, and ideas for improvements and, where possible and practical, makes adjustments.
Please email additional remarks to firstname.lastname@example.org. A library staff member will respond to all comments that include the correspondent’s contact information. Comments and responses are also posted in the lobby of the library.
March 2019 Suggestions
798. The remodeling looks fabulous and the café is terrific!! A very nice, outgoing youth staff person showed us around.
We are happy you enjoyed your visit!!
799. You did an awesome job on the renovation in Circ!
Thank you for the lovely compliment!
800. I really like the service. You guys have amazing books and employees. This is my 2nd home. I love it now after it has been remodeled. Your service is great BTW.
Thank you for the lovely compliment.
801. The Glen Ellyn Library is coming along very well. I enjoy coming in and studying, visiting, reading, looking. Well done to the staff! All round great place. Thank you!
Thank you to you as well.
802. ______ is amazing! Always goes above and beyond.
Thank you for the compliment. It will be shared with the staff member and their supervisor.
803. I think that eight 15-minute spots so close to the door is too many.
We are working to find the right balance of short-term parking spots and regular spots. We recently added the new row of 15-minute spots on the north side of the lot to try and prevent cars from parking in the drive thru lane – just to run in quickly.
804. Can you please order the Pimsleur Spanish Audio level 1,2,3,4, and 5? I checked level 1 out and had to interlibrary loan it. Now I am #5 on the waitlist for level 2.
Thank you for the suggestion. We will investigate the possibility of purchasing this resource. In the meantime, please take a look at Mango Languages, available from our website under Digital Resources. This system teaches actual conversation skills for over 60 languages from around the world, including Spanish.
February 2019 Suggestions
792. I want to praise the excellent service provided by ______, friendly knowledgeable and willing to go the extra step to help. I always look forward to seeing ___ even if it is only for a smile and a wave.
Thank you for the lovely compliment. It will be shared with the individual and their supervisor.
793. I think this is a nice library! : )
Thank you – happy to hear it.
794. The used book corner is not as good as it used to be. Have you stopped maintaining it?
The used book corner is being maintained by the Friends of the Library three times a week. If you have particular ideas for improvement, please let us know, so we can share with the Friends.
795. Please get physical books by Joni Eareckson Tada and Nick Vujicic.
We have Life Without Limits and Be the Hands and Feet by Nick Vujicic. There are several other titles available by both authors in the SWAN catalog. Please ask a staff member to help you place a hold on these items.
796. We love your book classes for baby and toddler. The breaks in between are too long!!
Thank you for your comment. We’re so glad you’re enjoying our storytimes. We do take breaks in between sessions so that we can refresh our repertoires, enhance our skillsets, and provide other services to our members such as outreach, programming for older kids, and collection development. We launch our “Smart Starts” hands on learning stations during the breaks so that grownups and children can still enjoy some enriching literacy experiences here at the library while the storytellers are on a break. However, due to high demand, we are going to extend our fall session from 6 to 8 weeks, to provide more storytime opportunities in the future.
797. Has the library thought about staying open later? Say 10pm Monday- Thursday? The library should get a library pet! That would be so cool.
Thank you for your suggestions. We have considered extending hours – although we were considering staying open later Friday night or having longer hours on Sunday.
The idea of a library pet has also been considered, but with so many people being allergic to animals we decided having an animal here all the time was not a good idea. You will find that we do have animals visit on occasion as part of our various programs. And we plan to hatch some chicks this spring.
January 2019 Suggestions
787. Thank you with everything, you are the best place in Glen Ellyn! Thank you for helping us on the computers. The book I got was so cool. So, hope you have a good day. Bye.
Thank you for the lovely compliments!!
788. I love the sewing machine!!!! And Balloons on ribbon cutting day! Maybe have balloons every day? We can make the library even more amazing!
Thank you, we are happy to hear you attended the ribbon cutting and have noticed some of the new equipment we have added to our circulating collection.
789. This library is a great place! This is one of my favorite places on earth. The staff is so nice, and I spend hours here! Keep doing great!
We are glad you enjoy spending time here!
790. Love the typewriter display- great idea!
So happy to know you enjoyed the display!
791. Enjoyable library, please purchase screen protectors with glare protection for privacy. Also, mandatory to put in an automatic air filter mechanism and once a week furniture deep cleaning. Healthy atmosphere matters! Thank you very much!
We are glad you enjoy the library! We do have an air filter mechanism in our air handling system and the filters are changed regularly. We have the carpets cleaned regularly by an outside firm and our maintenance staff spot clean carpets as needed. We have the restrooms professionally cleaned every night and sanitized once a month. Maintenance staff clean tables regularly and chairs on a rotating basis.