Suggestions and Comments
Thank you for your suggestions, comments and ideas for improvements. The library welcomes member feedback and, where possible and practical, makes adjustments.
February 2018 Suggestions
710. Keep up the good work. The library looks as good as it did when it was first renovated. I’m excited for the Lobby renovation. The design looks very cool.
Thank you very much — we also look forward to the completion of our interior renovations.
711. IDEA – no children with food in the child area.
We appreciate your suggestion. Our Member Code of Conduct allows light snacks and covered beverages in the library: no messy foods or full meals.
712. _____ went above and beyond! He listened to my 12-year-old son who reads avidly and voila — 4 books for my son to devour. THANKS, that’s a GREAT librarian.
So happy we could help. This compliment will be shared both with the staff person and their supervisor.
713. I like the idea of the 1,000 books to read in childhood as suggested in the Youth Department. But, I don’t really have time to pick new books every week. It would be an amazing service if I could sign up for a subscription to pick up/exchange age appropriate books from the forthcoming drive thru window when it opens.
That certainly is an interesting idea. We will investigate how something like this might be implemented.
714. An email would be very considerate prior to being closed.
We apologize if the recent half day closure on February 23 for Staff In-Service training caused you any inconvenience. The closure was included in the February 18th weekly e-newsletter named Bookmark It. If you would like to subscribe to this publication, please let us know. We would be happy to add you to the mailing list.
January 2018 Suggestions
703. PLEASE have the USED book sales open till 4:30. A few only have only been open till 2pm!!!
The Used Book Sales are conducted by the Friends of the Glen Ellyn Public Library. Your suggestion will be passed on to them. Don’t forget to check the used book corner on the 1st floor across from the Circulation Desk. It is open the same hours as the library and inventory changes regularly.
704. – 706. Three separate requests to form a Harry Potter Club.
The Youth Department will consider your suggestion.
707. Please order the book: “U Got to Have U Some Fun” by Andrew Harkless, ISBN 0986386502
This title will be added to our collection.
708. Please acquire this book: “An Inside Look at the IRS — Revealing the Secrets” by Philip Liberatore, ISBN 0977438910
This title is dated and not readily available. It will not be added to the collection.
709. Last week — maybe Wednesday — when it was so icy. I drove in to the lot to return a book. You had a man stationed out there to take books so we didn’t have to get out of our cars. That was such a nice thing to do for your patrons. I bet it prevented a ton of falls.
He was happy to assist.
Thank you for the suggestions. Please email additional remarks to firstname.lastname@example.org. A library staff member will respond to all comments which include the correspondent’s contact information. Comments and responses are also posted on the public bulletin board in the library vestibule. You may also contact the library by mail, phone or fax at:
Glen Ellyn Public Library
400 Duane Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137