2016 Suggestions and Comments
December 2016 Suggestions
642. __________ is awesome!! She really took the time to find books that my daughters love! She pointed out upcoming programs, too. She’s a keeper! : )
643. I would like the price of Coca-Cola pop lowered, soda machine charges $1.50 for one 20-ounce bottle. Bring the price down so people at the library can enjoy a coke for $1.00.
637. Provide 5-minute parking for pickup.
638. I would love to see the display case program in the youth section revised to help eliminate the 2 year wait time. My understanding is that if a family is contacted and they don’t respond, the case is left vacant for the month rather than giving it to the next child in line. If a deadline was put in place to respond, this may help relieve the long wait time.
639. I really appreciated the librarian who went out of his way to reassure me about downloading books to an iPhone. He provided useful information about my next step in getting an upgrade.
640. _____ was of great help to me in answering my questions at the reference desk. Very friendly demeanor.
641. I love this library –- especially the children’s area. My kids are almost outgrowing it 🙁 but I will never outgrow it. The librarians are incredibly helpful. ________ and ________ are always eager to answer any question. They go the extra mile to find and suggest things. They make coming here such a joy. Thank you!!
631. Great program for Senora Kathleen. Los Paises Que Hablan Español. Keep the program going. Great job!
632. Bookmarks would be nice.
633. One more speed bump in southern aisle near entrance. A car entering could hit a car circling the parking lot. Fast!
634. I would like to thank _____, who works upstairs in the library, for all of her wonderful help. My aunt died in Switzerland, everything was written in German. She was able to help me translate the documents. It doesn’t all sound correct but what a great help. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
635. ________ was super! She went out of her way to show me audiobooks for a sick sister, really giving thought to what my sister might like. She spent lots of time, over and beyond expectations. I really appreciated it!
636. Could you “Skype” renewals of things, i.e. cards?
624. If possible please add a hook to the women’s bathroom wall by the hand dryer. That way we wouldn’t have to leave a book bag and or purse on the floor of on the often damp counter when we wash and dry our hands. Thank you!
625. I would like to own a purple library bag.
626. Since there aren’t paper towels in women’s room anymore. Could you add a foot bar at bottom of door so you don’t have to touch handle with clean hands?
627. I have found the Glen Ellyn library to be an excellent source of information for me, a newcomer to the Village. I have received excellent support in acquiring books for my grandchildren and the adult librarians have acquired hard to get books for me from other libraries.
628. Please consider adding the Duck, Duck, Moose apps to the Pre-K iPads They all became free in partnership with the Khan Academy last week.
629. Please get American Girl: Clutter Control and I Survived the Eruption of Mount Saint Helens by Lauren Tarshis.
630. Cool additions!!
619. Please put a paper towel dispenser by bathroom door by the garbage can that is by the door. That way after we get our hands washed and dried very nicely we can take a clean paper towel and open the bathroom door and place it in the garbage can. Therefore, nicely avoiding the door handle that may not be clean from the people that don’t wash their hands. A little thing but generally appreciated. Thank you for your consideration of this. There are also other modern items out there for this purpose. Thank you again. I hate to grab the door handle with my clothes.
620. The Library PokeStops brought me back after more than a year of not visiting. Reading books while farming pokeballs is a great way to spend and afternoon.
621. Would love to buy a library bag — I thought they were cute before and regret not buying one sooner.
622. We went on the Pokehunt and it was a great time. The staff was very polite and helpful. I will recommend it to everyone I know. Thanks GEPL!!
623. I absolutely love this library. With two kids, I can’t get over how many resources they have available to them-books, puppets, story times, the reading club and so much more. Sometimes, I feel as though I am in a Please Touch Museum with books. The space itself is such a nice, relaxing place to be. The design, the colors, everything is fantastic. Also, the film and music collection is outstanding–so eclectic.
616. I would be interested in more audiobooks dealing with topics in biology, natural history, zoology, evolution, ecology and physiology.
617. I would like to suggest magazines be allowed to circulate to Glen Ellyn residents. I recently visited the Elmhurst Library and they allow residents to check out magazines, which is a great idea. Thank you.
618. Hoopla Digital Service – I find that it is very difficult to check items out because the library’s daily lending limit is exceeded even very early in the day, especially weekdays. I find the best chance is Sunday morning before 7am. Perhaps it is time to increase the lending limit?
608. I love this stuff. It is so cool!
609. I want to compliment you on your staff member _______ who was at the Information desk upstairs today. She was so kind, patient and knowledgeable helping me with the computer and printer which I’ve never used here. This was an incredibly important task. She did a wonderful (+ successful) job!
610. I think the signs in the restrooms which let patrons know the rules should also include pictures. I think this would be more culturally significant. The homeless population may not be able to read. The current signs seem targeted to inform a population which would already abide by these norms. Just an idea.
611. Revisit the alphabetical system of shelving the T.V. videos.
612. Many Harry Potter books are overdue or not on a shelf. I have been waiting for 2 weeks and the description says they are in but they are not.
613. There are people in lower grades that 6th grade and they are in the Middle. They are very noisy and they should not be in there.
614. Given the dual language program @ Glen Ellyn schools it would be REALLY helpful to have more simple chapter books in Spanish. Examples like Geronimo, Stink, etc. Novels like Harry Potter are too difficult and picture books too easy!
615. Why is your “new train table” so non-kid friendly? The kids cannot walk around the table-only three sides. The train cars are too long for the curves. Watched a little girl get frustrated. Creativity is gone-no track to promote new adventures. Table is too wide for little girl to reach across.
602. I love the ambience of the “middle room”! I enjoy the games in there & utensils when I forget them for my homework.
603. ________ along with ______ are AMAZING!
604. The Library is a great place to hang out and study.
605. I have observed 3 times now people have been driving the wrong direction this is dangerous. Please use red signs on the do not enter and repaint arrows. Thanks.
There are red signs on the Do Not Enter and the parking lot was resealed and the arrows repainted on Memorial Day. We also actively talk to those we see driving the wrong direction and make them aware of the proper traffic pattern.
606. The new stripes in the parking lot look great. How about making all of the slots diagonal. It’s much easier to get into a diagonal space.
We are pleased to hear you like the recently resealed and striped parking lot. If we changed all the parking slots to diagonal, we would reduce the number of spaces we currently have.
607. Please replace hand dryer in Children’s bathroom. One in there is MUCH too Loud and FRIGHTENS young children and myself!
Please feel free to use the other restroom on the 1st floor which has a different style hand dryer. We have had the sound level of the hand dryer in the youth bathroom checked and it measures 57 decibels. For comparison conversation in a restaurant, office, background music, or an air conditioning unit at 100 feet all measure 60 decibels. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Noise-induced hearing loss can result from a one-time exposure to a very loud sound (at or above 120 decibels), blast, impulse, or by listening to loud sounds (at or above 85 decibels) over an extended period.
593. Please extend the library hours on Friday.
594. Signs for a line or something, seems someone always accidentally cuts.
595. I LOVE IT!
596. Some of the homeless people smell so bad it is a huge distraction and can trigger migraine headaches, very sad.
597. Bless ______ who tracks down the books I need! She called me on Friday, April 15th – the day you held an In-Service Day to let me know the book I needed had come in and I could pick it up on Saturday AM at 9. My hearing deadline was looming and I was feeling pressured. Thanks for the wonderful customer service your team provides….calm magic!!
598. Glassdoor and other similar websites provide salary information for multiple jobs/careers. It would be great if GEPL could get a generic account on these sites so patrons could search privately. As it is Glassdoor.com requires one to create an account. This info. Is too sensitive in today’s environment. Especially for job seekers! Thanks.
599. While happily reading Policies Required by Federal Law on COSA (Counsel of School Board Attorney) under Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act – Statute & Regulation I came across a strange squiggle. A strange but meaningful squiggle. Only our wonderful Reference Librarians would be able to use their computer and cell phone to decode it to SECTION. Thank you! Thanks You! Thank You! My friends all think our library is wonderful too.
600. _______ downstairs is an excellent employee. Very knowledgeable when speaking, info is always correct for the item I’m looking for, very personable, courteous, acts like every day is a good day.
601. I heard Naperville Public Library have new how to sew classes. My family is interested in that class.
582. Pretty good, thank you – I do not like it or love it, but I adore it!
583. We visited the new youth department for the first time today – it’s FABULOUS! However, I found it very difficult to enjoy watching my daughter play from the only seat – that was available – the sofa facing the windows. Would it be possible to place that sofa in front of the window and put the chairs on each side so that everyone can keep their little ones in sight – Thanks for all you do!
584. This library brings me happiness and joy. It brings me a smile every day. Sometimes I use my intellect to stay. Library! Library! Proceed your fame.
585. Love the new design of the youth area – very functional!! I would suggest you add a hand sanitizer at the entrance/exit to the space.
586. Having the Dyson airblade hand dryer in the family bathroom really scares my little kid. It really isn’t appropriate for little kids.
587. The parking lot drivers are terrible. Too fast, too many on cell phones, too many children walking freely. The lot needs speed bumps – no excuses about snow removal. Too many potential accidents!
588. I love it, especially the youth room, it brings me peace and I’m in the books.
589. I have been working on my new computer @ the library. We are all blessed because our reference librarians are the Best! All of them! As I worked I observed how patient and knowledgeable they are to everyone – from all walks of life! This is a joy to behold. I use your excellent printer rather than maintaining one at home. My tax dollars at work! Many thanks to ____ and ____. Really they all deserve a positive comment for superior work! And work they do… constant questions and they provide consistent and constant patience. We patrons can be challenging. Thank you one and all!
590. Quick service with a smile from _____ and _______ plus others at the reference desk. Recently they helped me track down an obscure legal resource book so that I can meet a legal issue deadline with EEOC/IL Human Rights Commission.
591. ________ is always so pleasant and helpful. My kids love coming to the library and she makes them feel very welcome. She also tells us about upcoming classes like 3D printing and finds us books we didn’t even ask for. Well done!!
592. Kudos to ____. He’s doing a wonderful job organizing book club books. He’s very responsive and goes the extra mile. Thanks!
579. Dear Librarian – I have an idea I would like to share. I would like children to be able to have a comment card and write about the children’s books they like. I have read so many books I keep on wanting to comment on and let people know about. Thanks for all that you do.
580. ______ is excellent! She has amazing customer service skills. Every time I have come she is so helpful and always attentive my needs. More workers like _____ should be hired! She has a beautiful smile, warm personality and generous heart! _____ is the reason I choose to come to the Glen Ellyn Public library.
581. ______ is a good Librarian and good Reader’s Advisor!
572. Bags should be able to be checked out by the scanner near the children’s section. Moms check out lots of books and it takes away from the convenience by having to check out at front.
573. My son and I are so impressed with the renovations. I decided to take him on my off day for some father/son time. The new toys, the old train, & open space to view books make me happy to have spend a few hours. Great reading and fun time. Congrats to you!
574. I love the new Children’s room! Can you please work out a fair system for using the youth study room? Some of the tutors spend much of the afternoon in there, even staying in by themselves to “hold” the room before kids come. It is difficult for others to get a turn. Thank You!
575. The Library looks wonderful!! I respectfully suggest several hooks in the family restroom to hang purse or diaper bag. Also the hand blower blows into child’s face and scares some.
576. It looks so great!! Such a ton of work.
577. It is the first time I have come and it looks awesome!! I had an awesome feeling.
578. Please purchase A New Season by Al and Lisa Robertson, Chasing Spirits by Nick Gross, and I am Haunted, Dark World and Darkness Optional by Zak Bagans.
Thank you for the suggestions. If you have more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with them. A library staff member will respond to all comments which include the correspondent’s contact information. Comments and responses are also posted on the public bulletin board in the library vestibule. You may also contact the library by mail, phone, or fax at:
Glen Ellyn Public Library
400 Duane Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137