2017 Suggestions and Comments
697. The outlets by the benches should be covered.
698. I love the displays! Jack LaFontaine – it looks like him at the camp fire!!!
699. There is no street sign when driving from the east on Duane that tells a driver not to turn right into the library exit. It should have a do not turn right, is there a “Do not enter” sign at the exit for people on Duane to see?
700. The latch on the men’s bathroom on the first floor needs adjusting (it doesn’t latch!). In fact, it swung open today while I was on the toilet! Not good! Plus, someone could simply push on the door not realizing someone was on the toilet – embarrassing situation!
701. Problem: Since the men’s room has no paper towels after one washes his hands he has to pull open the door using a door handle that may be contaminated by non washers of hands. Possible solutions: 1. Have the door open outward with no handle (still could be unclean) 2. Have towels near the door. 3. (and best) solution regarding cleanliness since there are no paper towels to use to open door using a handle reconfigure bathrooms with no doors.
702. This evening my dog and I were here visiting with the high school students studying for exams. We belong to Therapy Dogs International (TDI). There were several moms with elementary age children who stopped in to visit. They asked if we did reading with dogs at the library because they missed having that program here. I would be very interested in participating in such a program and know other TDI dog teams would be too.
694. Please install Adobe Premier at the media lab and light room software if possible.
695. The Children’s Librarians are an invaluable resource! My daughter has gotten so many wonderful recommendations for her school genre projects. Books new and old, always right on target! Thank you, thank you! You have helped her discover so many new wonderful books.
696. The plans look exciting but please don’t remove any more non-fiction, especially 745’s.
683. Who came up with the misnomer name of “The Jungle Book Ball.” Many assumed that this event would include dancing since the name includes the word “Ball.” Luckily, I found out this fact prior to purchasing tickets; others have not been so fortunate, and are not happy that they got tickets to a non-dancing evening — It should have been called a “gala” or “evening.” Very misleading to the community.
684. The G.E. Library should obtain the book “Mathematics and Art.” 500 hundred pages of excellent information and pictures in color on almost every page. I purchased on AMAZON for $28.00.
685. Make the Teen Room more like The Middle because the Teen Room is not fun.
686. Make the Teen Room more like the Middle Room.
687. Please order the new business development book; “I’m Just Sayin” by Mike Marchev. 57 business building messages that will help ensure your entrepreneurial success = make more money and help more people.
688. Super program tonight! (10-19-17) Documentary was excellent and WOW so amazed and impressed by the panel. Thank you for opening hearts and minds to new perspectives.
689. The Gender Revolution was an amazing program! I’m new to the area and was so happy to see your library putting on a program like this! This was the first time I’ve come to a program here.
690. This program “Gender Revolution” was much needed in this community. Thanks!
691. On Monday, October 23, I utilized the “High School” room from 7-9 pm. I am a teacher at Glenbard West High School, and I brought my Model United Nations team for a research night. There were twenty of my students here, and it was a great environment for our needs. A Glen Ellyn Library employee named ______ was very helpful throughput the evening. I will definitely utilize the “High School” room for research nights in the future.
692. The drinking fountain is very difficult to use. This occurs elsewhere, Helene Plum Library, Dr.’s Office, etc.) Others have installed a tube of cups next to the fountain. Perhaps you could do the same.
693. Would it be possible to implement a secure internet connection for those of us using the GEPL wifi? I have in mind a temporary VPN client which would allow a minimal security level for wifi communications.
678. Just wanted to let you know how helpful ____ was with an older gentleman who was trying to set up a Gmail account. He not only helped him figure out the part on his phone but also helped him (once he had the proper information) with setting up the account. So kind, patient and helpful — thanks!
679. Saw new Spanish books — yeah! Please continue to invest in Spanish books for pre-teens and teens. My kids have been in dual immersion classes since kindergarten and would love to see you continue to add to the options available.
680. The computer helpers upstairs are awesome!!
681. I love coming to the library because it is a place that I can come to and know that I am able to get my work done in an efficient manner.
682. The staff is very rude. Especially _____. Making us feel uncomfortable.
675. ______ helped me find my books real easily and he was very kind.
676. Love the 15 minute parking spots!!
677. You should do sign-ups for children’s programs. It is ridiculous that Glen Ellyn residents come for programs and cannot do them because they are full. We have had this on the calendar for months. Another suggestion would be to do a program multiple times, days, or to run the same program in multiple rooms.
670. Please get David Ross’s Teamwork.
671. Please order DVD: Billions Season 2.
672. I would love to see a workshop for setting up a resume or to learn how to make a resume.
673. We love the variety of programs you offer!! The zoo and the drone programs were outstanding! THANKS.
674. When I frequented the bathroom earlier the toilet seat was up: there was urine on the seat, as well as the floor. There was also toilet paper and paper towels on the floor. It would be nice to use a clean bathroom, when using the library. Maybe a sign could be placed or an announcement made, that people not treat the bathroom like a locker room. It’s appalling to see this happening. People should know how to use the bathroom appropriately. Maybe there could also be hourly checks to keep these facilities clean?
667. I was trying to do homework and then there was a loud power sander going. Also, every chair by windows was filled with sleeping people. I think priority should be given to those doing work or studying not sleeping. Also, construction should be done after hours because it’s very loud and disruptive to those working.
668. We love the trains!!
669. Impossible to find DVD’s! You must know the category. Madness!
665. It would be helpful to have more LCD monitors available for use. College of DuPage has stopped allowing Public use of its meeting rooms. In result, I come here, but after 3 pm on weekdays it seems to not be available do to traffic. (High School)
666. _____ is a gem in the great service at this library. I do not have “Face Book” and I wanted to sign the online petition for No to a 24/7 gas station at 5 Corners. Glen Ellyn owns the land. 1,2,3 minutes he found the site and I could sign the petition.
663. May I commend you for a combination of compassion and hospitality in giving a respite place for a homeless man whom I saw in the library. Whereas a library is not a substitute for adequate shelter and safety — a need for all of us, rich or poor — I am pleased that this library provides that during times that would test us all.
664. Why not have a sign at the top of the stairs; “Please turn cell phones down or off.”
654. There isn’t paper by the “catalog” to write down call #’s.
655. Thank you for the wonderful Book Babies Class — the teacher is great!!
656. I like how everyone is so nice and helps me out : )
657. Need to serve healthy refreshments for diabetics to people for low sugar during visits.
658. _______ she is such a sweet lady. She completely made my day!!! She brightens up this library with her smile and grace. I hope to see her soon.
659. Thanks for all the wonderful children’s programming. Toddler Tales has been a fantastic opportunity for my son to interact with other kids his age and continue to develop his love of learning. Your efforts are appreciated! [ “I like the bubble part and the toy part best.” Says almost 3 year old attendee.]
660. Thank you for hosting the amazing art show and giving a platform to our youth.
661. Please purchase It’s Time to Get Your S.H.I.P. Together! by Dan Chappelle.
662. I am very disappointed in your collection of large print books, old and new. I have been going to Elmhurst, Saint Charles and Schaumburg. They have large collections of large print books old and new.
644. What happened to the letters (sign) by the elevator? The replacement sign is really cheesy.
645. We are so sad to see there is no golf this year. I hope you will bring it back next year. Maybe have it every other year if it is too much work.
646. I just wanted to give a shout out gratefully for your wonderful clerk ___________who gave me terrific help and attention today!!
647. I think that your policy on returns –- should have a grace period — like 5 days from the due date. Many libraries have this — GE is no exception giving us a break!
648. We love your football helmet collection! We love to “play” football.
649. How do we sign up to show a collection?
650. Hi, I love studying here!
651. I enjoy studying in the safe environment of the library.
652. Please put writing implements and paper and a writing surface by the search iPad. How can one do research if one can only get one book at a time? A valuable thing libraries can teach is attention and quiet.
653. Please buy this book Reinvention Roadmap by Liz Ryan. She is a frequent contributor to Forbes magazine.
Thank you for the suggestions. Please email additional remarks to firstname.lastname@example.org. A library staff member will respond to all comments which include the correspondent’s contact information. Comments and responses are also posted on the public bulletin board in the library vestibule. You may also contact the library by mail, phone, or fax at:
Glen Ellyn Public Library
400 Duane Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137