English Language Learners (ELL) and English as a New Language (ENL)
The Glen Ellyn Public Library supports adults and children learning English with our English as a New Language (ENL) collection, digital language support, and links to support organizations.
- Leveled Instruction Books and Workbooks
- Picture Dictionaries
- Language CDs and Playaways
- Full English Language Programs on USB Drive
- Exam Prep for the TOEFL and TOEFL IBT, TOIEC, and IELTS tests
College of DuPage
College of DuPage offers free English Language Learning classes and Citizenship classes to DuPage County residents.
Illinois Adult Learning Hotline
Call the Illinois Adult Learning Hotline to:
- Locate adult education classes near your home or work in English as a Second Language (ESL), adult literacy, citizenship, and GED preparation for English and Spanish
- Find a program in need of volunteers
- Contact a variety of adult education programs in your area
Operators speak English, Spanish, and Polish. Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Literacy DuPage’s mission is to help adults achieve their goals through accessible and customized tutoring in English. The organization offers free one-on-one tutoring, English conversation groups, and workforce education.
National Literacy Directory
Enter your zip code or town to find English conversation groups and English classes near you.
People’s Resource Center
The Adult Learning and Literacy program offers instruction in English, math, reading skills, GED preparation, and citizenship test preparation. Learning occurs in classrooms, small groups, and one-on-one sessions with volunteer tutors. PRC also offers “drop-in” tutoring sessions open to students at any level of learning. You must register as a PRC client to be eligible.
World Relief offers a wide variety of services for immigrant and refugee populations including free English classes and citizenship classes.