Local Business Support
Everyone knows that starting and running a small business is tough. Between competition in the marketplace, competition from online retailers, and tech-savvy young consumers, keeping a local brick and mortar store open is an uphill battle. The library can help you develop your web presence and help you learn how to use social media tools to track local trends, tune in to consumer issues, and gain community perspective.
Resources at the Library
The library has one-of-a-kind digital and print resources for business owners to conduct marketing research and build business plans. We also have industry journals and business ebooks and audiobooks on taxes, business management, marketing, and human resources. Cardholders can check out magazines like Entrepreneur, Harvard Business Review, Smart Money, and Crain’s Chicago Business to stay abreast of general business news and trends, and can access resources from their home or office.
Apply for a business library card to receive additional business benefits, such as study room reservations one week in advance for two hours and reservations for the Shakespeare room for any size group.
- Shakespeare Room – Perfect for small business meetings or conferences.
- Digital Media Lab – Edit your audio and video recordings with a host of professional editing software. There’s even a mini-lighting studio you can set up to take quality pictures of your products.
- Our Business Liaison can provide hands-on instruction on how to use the library’s catalog and online resources, or answer your technology questions. She can instruct a group on the physical and online resources available to business owners or provide one-on-one instruction, whether at the library or at your business.
Resources in the Community
- Business Development Center – provides programming, customized advising, and training
- Alliance of Downtown Glen Ellyn – works with the downtown Glen Ellyn retail community to market and promote the area as a destination for shoppers and diners
- Innovation DuPage – works with entrepreneurs and growing businesses to transform good ideas into strong businesses, strong businesses into winning brands, and winning brands into a collaborative community
- Glen Ellyn Chamber of Commerce – provides networking, education, marketing, community involvement, and partnership opportunities to members
- Village of Glen Ellyn Economic Development – provides Glen Ellyn-specific information about opening a new business, expanding or relocating an existing business, and developing business property
Help the Glen Ellyn Public Library Better Serve You!
Please take a few minutes to fill out our Small Business Needs Assessment Survey.