Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every request. If we believe your skills and experience match the minimum qualifications for an open position, we will contact you to schedule an interview. Thank you for your interest!
The mission of the Glen Ellyn Public Library is to serve the community as a vibrant center for accurate information, robust learning, and personal discovery. We greatly value a diverse pool of candidates and are an equal opportunity employer.
Library Services Clerk, Part-Time – Two Positions
Are you invigorated by change? Do you relish processes and details? We are looking for a friendly person with excellent customer service skills to join our busy and evolving department.
- checking items in and out
- registering library cards
- resolving account issues
- emptying book drops
- shelving returned items
- other materials handling
- effectively answering phone, email, and in person inquires
- working independently as well as in a team environment
The position includes day, evening and weekend hours, and averages 24 hours per week.
- High School diploma
- One year of experience in a public contact position
- Strong computer skills
- Effective multitasking abilities
- Able to bend and lift
- Able to stand for four hours
- Able to carry up to 20 pounds
- Able to move wheeled carts weighing up to 300 pounds
Previous library and/or customer service experience is greatly desired.
Salary and Benefits
$12.74 per hour. Benefits include paid sick and vacation time. This position also qualifies for inclusion in IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund).
- Monday 1-5 pm
- Tuesday 9 am – 3 pm
- Wednesday 3-9 pm
- Thursday 11 am -5 pm (week B)
- Friday 1-6 pm (week A)
- Saturday 9 am-1 pm (week B)
- Sunday 1-5 pm (week A)
- Monday 9 am-1 pm (week A)
- Tuesday 1-5 pm (week B)
- Wednesdays 9 am -3 pm
- Thursdays 5-9 pm
- Friday 1-6 pm (week B)
- Saturday 9 am – 5 pm (week A)
- Sunday 1-5 pm (week B)
Please fill out an application.