We believe that a community flourishes when it sees itself reflected in its library, and our mission is to serve as a vibrant center for accurate information, robust learning, and personal discovery. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and welcome a diverse pool of candidates. We are an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in applying, please read and reflect on our strategic plan and DEI project summary.
The Glen Ellyn Public Library is looking for a storyteller and crafter for our busy play-based learning environment. Students working towards an MLIS degree are encouraged to apply.
- Conduct storytimes
- Help with programs and outreach
- Work at the Youth Desk to serve families in the community
- Loves being creative and igniting curiosity
- Has a flair for fun and engaging experiments
- BA degree or its demonstrated equivalent
- One year of successful work experience in a public contact position interacting with children
- Fluency in languages beyond English a plus
- Up to 18 hours per week
- Daytime and Weekend availability required
Starts at $20 per hour, depending on qualifications.
Tuesday, May 31