Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every request. If we believe your skills and experience match the minimum qualifications for an open position, we will contact you to schedule an interview. Thank you for your interest!
The mission of the Glen Ellyn Public Library is to serve the community as a vibrant center for accurate information, robust learning, and personal discovery. We greatly value a diverse pool of candidates and are an equal opportunity employer.
Maintenance Assistant, Part-Time
The Glen Ellyn Public Library is looking for an organized individual to perform selected grounds and building maintenance duties.
- pick up litter on library grounds
- keep supplies stocked in janitorial closets and staff areas
- replace light bulbs and ballasts
- set up meeting rooms for library and community meetings
- repair, paint, and caulk library building exterior and outdoor equipment
- clean selected areas of the library as needed
- check and replace door alarm batteries
- distribute incoming deliveries to appropriate departments and individuals
- run errands on behalf of the library
- gather recyclable materials from departments
- make containers available for pickup
- assist the Building Engineer with designated building projects
- Use tools, climb ladders, and lift up to 50 lbs
- Working knowledge of Core Technology Competencies
- Effective communications skills in English
- Good listening skills
- Attention to detail
22-28 hours per week, including evenings and weekends
$12.53 per hour, DOQ
- Pro-rated holiday, vacation, and sick time
- Participation in IMRF pension plan
- Successful completion of two years of high school or its demonstrated equivalent
- At least 16 years old
Please fill out an application.
Media Production Associate
The Glen Ellyn Public Library is looking for a creative, friendly, technology savvy, customer-service oriented person to manage and provide leadership for production of virtual, Zoom, and streaming multimedia content.
- Produce quality video and audio recordings of library-produced content for publication on YouTube, Zoom, Facebook, and Instagram
- Assist with library-wide photography needs
- Assist library members with multimedia audio/video/creative arts projects
- Provide training and technology support to library members
- Provide multimedia support to staff and library members
- Technology or multimedia technology-related Bachelor Degree
- Ability to troubleshoot audio/video signal flow issues through analog & digital cabling, analog/digital conversion devices, and computer routing required
- Experience with live sound (mixing, monitors, mike selection and miking techniques, amplification, XLR cables, balanced/unbalanced cabling and speaker placement) required
- Ability to use current cloud and social media services (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Zoom,Twitch, Reels, et al) to connect with library members of all ages
- Experience with live video streaming to social media sites (minimally Facebook Live, Youtube, et al) required
- Experience with video lighting required
- Ability to independently edit audio and video with iMovie, Garage Band, Audacity, and Final Cut Pro required
- Previous library or educational institution IT experience a plus
- Familiarity with OBS multi-camera streaming a plus. Live video production experience a plus
- Ability to edit photos with Creative Cloud Photoshop required. Familiarity with the remaining Creative Cloud software package a plus
- Experience with live stage performance technology and practices (musician/speaker support) a plus
Full time, benefited, 37.5 hours per week, including evening and weekend hours
$21.73 per hour, DOQ
Monday, February 1, 2021. Please fill out an application.