Are you an organized, detail-oriented person who wants to put everything in its proper place? We are looking for someone to return, sort, shelve, and shift materials.
- basic keyboarding
- able to arrange materials in alpha-numeric order
- effective written and verbal communication skills
- ability to bend, reach, kneel, move fully loaded book carts and stand for prolonged periods of time
As you will be part of a small team, we are looking for candidates that are reliable, punctual, and friendly.
Candidates must be at least 16 years old.
Monday: 9 am – 1 pm
Wednesday: 8 am – Noon
Thursday: 1-5 pm
Every other Friday: 8 am – Noon
Every other Saturday: 1-5 pm
$8.25 per hour
Please fill out an application.
Part-Time Maintenance Assistant
The Glen Ellyn Public Library is looking for an organized, detailed-oriented individual to perform selected grounds and building maintenance duties.
22 – 28 hours per week, including evenings and weekends
$12.30 per hour DOQ. Benefits include pro-rated holiday, vacation, and sick pay, plus participation in IMRF pension plan.
The Maintenance Assistant performs selected grounds and building maintenance duties which include but are not limited to
- picking up litter on library grounds
- keeping supplies stocked in janitorial closets and staff areas
- replacing light bulbs and ballasts
- setting up meeting rooms for library and community meetings
- repairing, painting, and caulking library building exterior and outdoor equipment
- cleaning selected areas of the library as needed
- checking/replacing door alarm batteries
- distributing incoming deliveries to appropriate departments and individuals
- running errands on behalf of the library
- gathering recyclable materials from departments
- making containers available for pickup
- assisting the Building Engineer with designated projects
- Ability to use tools, climb ladders, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Working knowledge of Core Technology Competencies
- Ability to make deliveries and pick up supplies within walking distance of the library
- Effective verbal communications skills in English
- Good listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organize work
- Successful completion of two years of high school or its demonstrated equivalent
- At least 16 years old
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Please fill out an application.
Contact: Dennis McCarthy, Building Engineer
Substitute Library Associate
The Glen Ellyn Public Library is looking for an outgoing and enthusiastic substitute to provide excellent customer service at both the youth and adult public service desks. Candidates must enjoy working with all ages, be highly reliable, and possess good interpersonal and communication skills. A sense of humor and lots of energy are essential. Duties may include reference and readers’ advisory, assistance with digital devices, passport services, outreach events, and programming.
Average 4-6 hours scheduled per week, plus additional substitute shifts as needed. Some evening and weekend availability required.
$16.06-$24.10 per hour, depending on qualifications.
- BA degree
- Successful work experience in a public contact position
- Library experience or MLS candidates preferred
Application Deadline: Sunday, March 24
Contact: Heather McCammond-Watts, Youth Department Director