Shelver (Permanent, Part-Time)
Are you an organized, detail-oriented person who can spot something out of place? We are seeking individuals to provide effective member access to materials – including the return, sorting, shelving and shifting of materials. You will need to have basic keyboard skills, be able to arrange materials in alpha-numeric order, and possess effective written and verbal communication skills. You will also need to be able to bend, reach, kneel, move fully loaded book carts, and stand for prolonged periods of time. As you will be part of a small team, we are looking for candidates that are reliable, punctual, and friendly.
Sundays, 12-5 pm
Wednesdays, 5-9 pm
Thursdays, 5-9 pm
$8.25 per hour
Minimum of 16 years of age.
Please fill out an application before July 26, 2019.
Maintenance Assistant (Permanent, Part-Time)
The Maintenance Assistant will perform selected grounds and building maintenance duties which include but are not limited to: picking up litter on library grounds, keeping supplies stocked in janitorial closets and staff areas, replacing light bulbs and ballasts, setting up meeting rooms for library and community meetings as well as repairing, painting, and caulking library building exterior and outdoor equipment, cleaning selected areas of the library as needed, gathering recyclable materials from departments and making containers available for pickup, checking/replacing door alarm batteries, distributing incoming deliveries to appropriate departments and individuals, running errands on behalf of the library, and assisting the Building Engineer with designated projects.
12 to 18 hours per week
$12.30 per hour, DOQ
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrates ability to use tools, climb ladders, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Core Technology Competencies
- Demonstrates ability to make deliveries and pick up supplies within walking distance of the library
- Demonstrates effective verbal communications skills, in English
- Demonstrates good listening skills
- Pays attention to detail
- Organizes work
- Successful completion of two years of high school or its demonstrated equivalent
- Minimum of 16 years of age
Please fill out an application. Open until filled.