The mission of the Glen Ellyn Public Library is to serve the community as a vibrant center for accurate information, robust learning, and personal discovery. We greatly value a diverse pool of candidates and are an equal opportunity employer.
Library Services Clerk
Are you invigorated by change? Do you relish processes and details? We are looking for a friendly person with excellent customer service skills to join our busy and evolving department.
- checking items in and out
- registering library cards
- maintaining member accounts
- resolving account issues
- emptying library materials from bins
- shelving returned items
- other materials handling
- answering phone, chat, and in person inquires
- working independently and as part of a team
This is a permanent position, including day, evening, and weekend hours, with an approximate average of 20 hours per week.
- High School diploma
- One year of experience in a public contact position
- Strong computer skills
- Effective multitasking abilities
- Able to stand for four hours
- Able to carry up to 20 pounds
- Able to move wheeled carts weighing up to 300 pounds
Previous library and/or customer service experience is greatly desired.
Two schedules are available.
Monday 1-5 pm
Tuesday 5-9 pm
Alternate Wednesdays, 9 am-1 pm (Week A)
Thursdays 9 am-1 pm
Alternate Fridays, 9 am-1 pm (Week B)
Alternating weekends, including 9 am-1 pm on Saturdays (Week A) and 1-5 pm on Sundays (Week B)
Monday 5-9 pm
Tuesday through Thursday 1-5 pm
Alternating weekends, including 1-5 pm on Saturday (Week A) and 1-5 pm on Sunday (Week B).
Salary and Benefits
$12.53 per hour. Benefits include paid sick and vacation time. This position also qualifies for inclusion in IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund).
If this sounds like the role for you, please fill out an application.
Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, September 30.