Public Service Standards of Excellence
Create and expect an atmosphere of courtesy, respect, and dignity.
Strive to provide a consistent level of excellent service that fosters good communication, is equitable, and is personalized for people of all ages and abilities.
- Be attentive and welcoming
- Listen carefully, using clear and professional language
- Ask follow-up questions
- Offer our services, collections, and resources to all, understanding that some may need special assistance
- Approach questions without judgment
- Protect the intellectual freedom of all
- Enforce the code of conduct equally, and are respectful but firm with those violating our policies
Provide personalized service
- Offer unique and knowledgeable guidance
- Work cooperatively to find creative solutions and suggest options
- Connect with people by being open, curious and respectful