Meeting Room Contract
To ensure the best possible experience, please familiarize yourself with the information below as well as our full Meeting Room Policy. The person who makes the reservation is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Meeting Room Contract. Failure to comply with the Meeting Room Contract may prevent you from reserving the Library meeting room facilities in the future.
I understand the following:
- I am responsible for all room arrangement decisions and I will communicate these decisions to the library and everyone involved.
- I will pay any Meeting Room fees prior to room reservation start time and I understand that refunds will not be given for cancellations made within 24 hours of the meeting date.
- Due to liability and insurance regulations, all meetings must conclude no less than 15 minutes prior to library closing and that all attendees must exit the building by library closing or an additional $25 fee will be assessed.
- The name and contact information of the Library may not be used in any publicity except as a designation of location.
- No admission fees or sales are permitted.
- All attendees must adhere to the Library Code of Conduct.
- Light refreshments may be served, but that the library does not provide coffee supplies or paper products.
- Additional costs may be assessed
- if the room is left excessively littered
- if attendance exceeds the fire code
- for any breakage, damage, or theft of library property
- State law prohibits smoking or use of alcohol or illegal substances in public buildings such as the Glen Ellyn Public Library.
- I assume responsibility for supplying and paying for special accommodations that are requested by participants in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the library, its trustees, officers, agents, and employees from and against any and all losses, damages, costs, suits, actions of any kind, arising and resulting and accruing from any act, omission or error of the group or individual and any users and resulting or relating to personal injuries or property damage arising from the use of the Library.
Requesting an online room reservation indicates that you agree to the terms and conditions of the Glen Ellyn Public Library Meeting Room Contract above.
- available weekdays 24 hours to seven (7) days in advance by calling 630-423-6664
- 1 pm or 5 pm M-Th
- can accommodate up to two people working on the same project at a time
- assistance available by calling 630-423-6664. Please do not inquire at the 2nd Floor Information Desk.
- appointments end immediately if the room is dark
- users must each present a Glen Ellyn Public Library library card or alternative ID, such as a Glenbard or COD Student ID or State ID
Users consent to video recording of all Media Lab activities and may be held liable for loss or damages during use of the Media Lab.
Food is not allowed in the Media Lab.