In the Media Lab, adults and high school students can create music, podcasts, and videos and edit digital creations in GarageBand, iMovie, or Audacity. The soundproof lab makes an excellent home-away-from-home recording studio, complete with high-quality stereo speakers and wall panel sound diffusers.
The Media Lab is located on the 2nd floor. Please call Technology Services at 630-423-6664 at least 24 hours in advance to make an appointment. Appointments are available Monday through Friday. The Media Lab may be used by up to two people at the same time.
The library has adapted some of the capabilities of our Media Lab and created Equipment Express to allow members to check out the supplies they need to create and edit music and video. Currently available from Equipment Express are
Please contact Technology Services at 630-423-6664 to arrange to borrow from Equipment Express! At your pre-arranged reservation or pick-up time, please go to the 2nd Floor Information Desk or call 630-423-6664.
Conversion Cases allow Glen Ellyn Public Library cardholders to check out the supplies they need to save media in different formats. Currently available Conversion Cases include equipment to convert
- VHS Video to Digital
- 8mm Video to Digital or DVD
- VHSC Video to Digital or DVD
- Print Material, Slides, or Negatives to Digital
Please contact Technology Services at 630-423-6664 to arrange to borrow a Conversion Case! At your pre-arranged reservation or pick-up time, please go to the 2nd Floor Information Desk or call 630-423-6664.
- Mac mini with Audacity, GarageBand, iMovie, Pages, Keynote, and Numbers
- Green Screen set up for photography and video
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Final Cut Pro for video editing
- Focusrite audio interface
- Four channel mixer
- Electric guitar
- MIDI keyboard
- Three high-quality microphones
- Two Sony headphones
- Guitar and mic cables
- Two movable stand-alone lights
- assistance available by calling 630-423-6664. Please do not inquire at the 2nd Floor Information Desk.
- appointments end immediately if the room is dark
- users must each present a Glen Ellyn Public Library library card or alternative ID, such as a Glenbard or COD Student ID or State ID
Users consent to video recording of all Media Lab activities and may be held liable for loss or damages during use of the Media Lab.
Food is not allowed in the Media Lab.