Reservation requests must be submitted 48 hours prior to the requested date. Reservations will be confirmed or denied within five days. Please review our Room Reservation Policy before requesting a reservation.
Groups may request up to 12 reservations for a meeting room per calendar year as outlined in the room reservation schedule.
Before you reserve a meeting room, please review our Meeting Room Contract. Please have the following information available.
- Meeting date
- Group name
- Profit or non-profit
- Preferred room layout
- Number of attendees expected. Groups larger than 40 people must reserve both rooms to comply with fire code. If your group exceeds your estimated attendance, you may incur additional fees and the meeting may be canceled if the needed space is not available.
- can accommodate up to 10 people
- reservations are for two hours
- has a large conference table with Smart TV and HDMI connections
- one reservation per week
- no fee
- same day or next day reservations by phone or in person at the 2nd Floor Information Desk
- advance reservations
- the person who reserves the room must check in at the 2nd Floor Information Desk within 15 minutes of the reservation time or the reservation may not be honored
|Library Card Status of Organization’s Contact Person||North or South
|North or South
|North & South (Combined)
|No GEPL Card||$20||$40||$60|
Fees are due prior to the meeting date and can be paid online after your reservation has been approved by contacting the Meeting Room Coordinator.
|Failure to Vacate Room Before Library Closes||Fire Code Violation (Exceeding Room Max. of Persons)||Cleanup Fee|
To ensure the best possible experience, please familiarize yourself with the information below as well as our full Meeting Room Policy. The person who makes the reservation is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Meeting Room Contract. Failure to comply with the Meeting Room Contract may prevent you from reserving the Library meeting room facilities in the future.
- I understand that I am responsible for all room arrangement decisions and I will communicate these decisions to the library and everyone involved.
- I will pay any Meeting Room fees prior to room reservation start time and I understand that refunds will not be given for cancellations made within 24 hours of the meeting date.
- I understand that, due to liability and insurance regulations, all meetings must conclude no less than 15 minutes prior to library closing and that all attendees must exit the building by library closing or an additional $25 fee will be assessed.
- I understand that the name and contact information of the Library may not be used in any publicity except as a designation of location.
- I understand that no admission fees or sales are permitted.
- I understand that all attendees must adhere to the Library Code of Conduct.
- I understand that light refreshments may be served, but that the library does not provide coffee supplies or paper products.
- I understand that additional costs may be assessed
- if the room is left excessively littered
- if attendance exceeds the fire code
- for any breakage, damage, or theft of library property
- I understand that State law prohibits smoking or use of alcohol or illegal substances in public buildings such as the Glen Ellyn Public Library.
- I assume responsibility for supplying and paying for special accommodations that are requested by participants in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act .
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the library, its trustees, officers, agents, and employees from and against any and all losses, damages, costs, suits, actions of any kind, arising and resulting and accruing from any act, omission or error of the group or individual and any users and resulting or relating to personal injuries or property damage arising from the use of the Library.
Requesting an online room reservation indicates that you agree to the terms and conditions of the Glen Ellyn Public Library Meeting Room Contract above.
Reservations for the North and South Meeting Rooms and the Shakespeare Room on the 2nd floor open the second Thursday of October for reservations in December, January, and February. Room Reservation Schedule
Reservations for the North and South Meeting Rooms and the Shakespeare Room on the 2nd floor open the second Thursday of January for reservations in March, April, and May. Room Reservation Schedule
Reservations for the North and South Meeting Rooms and the Shakespeare Room on the 2nd floor open the second Thursday of April for reservations in June, July, and August. Room Reservation Schedule
Reservations for the North and South Meeting Rooms and the Shakespeare Room on the 2nd floor open the second Thursday of July for reservations in September, October, and November. Room Reservation Schedule