Ensure dynamic, modern spaces for community-wide use.
- In partnership with the GEPL Foundation, improve mobile service to underserved areas.
- Investigate the construction of a new joint use facility for Early Education and the Library south of Roosevelt Road.
- Renovate second floor public restrooms and staff restrooms.
- Investigate installing solar panels to provide alternative energy and reduce the carbon footprint of the library.
Offer a broad range of resources and timely events.
- Continue to use technology to enable data driven decisions about library business, including purchasing and withdrawing both electronic and physical materials.
- Provide current, innovative programming to educate and entertain our members on a broad variety of subjects
- Investigate the use and placement of mobile elibraries.
- Evaluate and update special collections (GEPL Gizmos, American Girl Dolls, ENL).
- Evaluate and enhance passport services, including photo taking.
Develop trusted and welcoming ways to enhance our digital presence, print communications, and customer service.
- Evaluate, refine and personalize our print and digital communications.
- Install an outside digital sign.
- Continue to refine the Check the Library Campaign.
- Purchase and install more robust self-check machines allowing marketing of programs and materials.
- Add content to BlueCloudMobile app.
- Create a statistical dashboard for gepl.org.
- Revamp gepl.org.
- Enable staff to thrive while maximizing effectiveness and customer service.
- Provide training to promote the safety, security and wellbeing of our members and staff.
- Improve compensation 2020 and 2021 while adjusting to new minimum wage.
- Conduct Compensation study again in 2022.
- Add 15 minute additional paid break for wellness – walk, yoga, meditation.
- Review all job descriptions to ensure accuracy.
- Develop methods to promote Kudos/Rockstar acknowledgement.
- Further our commitment to understanding and meeting the needs of our community.
- Through services
- Provide appropriate social services to help connect people with behavior health, community health, and other resources.
- Eliminate overdue fines.
- Plan for enhanced mobile service to the community.
- Explore establishing offsite book drops.
- Explore limited library cards for those without permanent addresses.
- Investigate delivery services like UberReads or LibraryDoorDash.
- Assume Cafe operations.
- Through partnerships
- Pursue, maintain and enhance connections with educational institutions, service clubs, religious institutions and advocacy groups such as Metropolitan Family Services, Teen Parent connection, and Walk in Ministries.
- Continue investigating appropriate services for and partnerships with the business community.
- Through services