- Contact the Foundation
- 2018 Newsletter
- Past Projects
- Minutes & Agendas
- Foundation Bylaws
- Investment Policy Guidelines
- Financial Report
- Terms of Office
Board of Directors
President: Kelley Kalinich
Treasurer: Merrill Rajeck
Secretary: James Meyers
Member: Kelli Christiansen
Member: David Haugstad
Member: Joli Murphy
Member: Gary Still
Member: Judith Wagner
GEPL Board President:
Friends of GEPL President:
Glen Ellyn Library Foundation
The Glen Ellyn Library Foundation was established in 1998 to build an endowment that will ensure that future residents of Glen Ellyn enjoy high quality library service in an attractive, state-of-the-art facility. The Glen Ellyn Public Library is at the heart of the Village, serving residents of all ages, races, creeds, and socioeconomic levels.
The Foundation is an independent, non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization; governed by a volunteer board of directors made up of community members and non-voting representatives of the Friends of the Glen Ellyn Public Library, the Glen Ellyn Public Library Board of Trustees, and the Glen Ellyn Public Library administration. The Foundation accepts both outright and deferred gifts of all sizes from anyone who wishes to support the Library.
How is the Foundation Different from the Friends?
Unlike the Friends, the Foundation maintains an endowment fund. The Foundation’s endowment fund is supported by both planned giving and fundraising, whereas the Friends’ fundraising is done via an annual campaign and bi-monthly booksales. Donations to the Foundation are deposited in the endowment fund and interest earned on the principal investment is used to help fund special Library projects. The Friends annual contribution to the Library supplements the book and program budgets.
Contact the Foundation
For more information on the Foundation, contact Dawn Bussey, Director of the Glen Ellyn Public Library, at email@example.com.
Glen Ellyn Library Foundation Newsletter
Donate to the Foundation
There are many ways to make a tax-deductible gift to the Glen Ellyn Library Foundation (GELF):
- Naming: Want to have a bookshelf, room in the Library, or even the entire building named for you or a loved one? Visit the Foundation Naming Opportunities page to learn more about available naming opportunities at the Library.
- Cash Gift: Any dollar amount made payable to GELF is 100% tax deductible as applicable by law for a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Trust Options: Designate GELF as the beneficiary of a charitable lead trust, a charitable remainder annuity trust, or a charitable remainder unitrust.
- Bequest: Designate GELF as a recipient of part or all of your estate held in a qualified plan, 401(k), and/or IRA payable to GELF. An outright gift by will or trust may also be made to GELF effective at death.
- Insurance: Designate GELF as the recipient of a whole or term life insurance policy.
- Stocks: By contributing stocks that have appreciated in value, the donor may receive positive tax advantages.
- Commemorative: Honor someone special who is living or deceased, or celebrate a birth, graduation, or any other special occasion by making a contribution in their name.
- Employee Matching Plan: Many employers routinely match tax deductible charitable contributions. Please check with your employer before you make a gift.
Consult your financial advisor or attorney to explore your options for charitable giving. Most provide significant tax advantages as well as the knowledge that you’ve made a wise investment in Glen Ellyn’s future.
Donations may be mailed to:
Glen Ellyn Library Foundation
400 Duane Street
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Make a safe and secure donation to the Library Foundation via Paypal: