The library’s Conversion Room is a place where high school and adult members can convert VHS tapes to DVD, and vinyl records, cassette tapes, slides, and negative film to digital files!
- 8mm Video to Digital or DVD
- VHSC Video to Digital or DVD
- Print Material, Slides, or Negatives to Digital
Please contact Joe Halter at 630-423-6664 to arrange to borrow a Conversion Case!
Requirements and Procedures
GEPL cardholders in good standing and members from other libraries with reciprocal borrowing privileges may reserve the Conversion Room in advance to use the provided equipment. To make a reservation, call or stop by the 2nd Floor Information Desk.
Be sure to:
- Bring your library card
- Bring a picture ID
- Sign the Media Lab Use Agreement
The Conversion Room may be checked out for up to 3.5 hours at a time. The Conversion Room is open during regular library hours, but always closes 45 minutes prior to the library closing.
- Convert VHS to DVD
- Convert vinyl records, cassette tapes, slides, and negative film to digital files
- View the Glen Ellyn News back to 1912 on microfilm or bring your own microfilm to view
- DVD/Video Recorder and Remote
- USB Turntable
- Cassette Player
- Microfilm Reader
- Blank DVDs and CDs