Digital Media Lab
In the library’s Digital Media Lab, high school and adult members can create music and videos and edit digital creations in Garage Band, iMovie, or Audacity. This soundproof lab makes an excellent home-away-from-home recording studio, complete with high-quality stereo speakers and wall panel sound diffusers.
Requirements and Procedures
GEPL cardholders in good standing and members from other libraries with reciprocal borrowing privileges may reserve the Digital Media Lab in advance for up to three hours.
To make a reservation, call or stop by the 2nd Floor Information Desk. A staff member can provide a brief orientation to the lab. The Digital Media Lab is open during regular library hours, but always closes 30 minutes prior to the posted library closing time.
Be sure to
- Bring your library card
- Bring a picture ID
- Sign the Media Lab Use Agreement
- Practice your musical instrument.
- Record and edit digital music.
- Record a video or take a photo using the green screen (bring your own camera).
- One iMac with Audacity, Garage Band, iMovie, Pages, Keynote, and Numbers
- Green Screen set up for photography and video
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Final Cut Pro for video editing
- Focusrite audio interface
- Four channel mixer
- Electric guitar
- MIDI keyboard
- Three high-quality microphones
- Two Sony headphones
- Guitar and mic cables
- Two movable stand-alone lights