Virtual Meeting Rooms Policy
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the library’s North and South meeting rooms are currently unavailable. As an alternative, the library will offer virtual meeting rooms for members via Zoom.
Virtual meeting rooms are provided to meet the operational needs of the library and offer accommodations for educational, informational, cultural, and civic functions of the Glen Ellyn Community, in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Virtual meeting rooms may not be used for private social functions or for online programs or gatherings that present a clear and present danger to the welfare of the participants, attendees, library staff and members, and/or the community.
The library does not discriminate based on the political or religious beliefs or on any other constitutionally or statutorily prohibited basis. The library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints expressed during meetings or by meeting room users. Events taking place in meeting rooms may not be closed to any person due to age, gender, race, religion, national origin, disabling condition, or any other legally protected category.
- The library retains the right to monitor all meetings, programs, and events.
- Minors may use the virtual meeting rooms only under direct and constant supervision of adults, who will assume full responsibility for all activities.
- Users agree to download all necessary software and software updates and to view all preparatory materials prior to the day of their event.
- Users agree to restrictions on widespread distribution of meeting link and password; information may only be directly shared with registered event attendees.
|Library Card Status of Contact Person||Online Meeting||*Webinar|
* Webinars are seminars conducted over the internet and are interactive through a written “chat” feature. Online meetings (also referred to as e-, electronic, or virtual meetings) are web-based and allow people to see and hear each other.
- The library reserves the right to cancel any meeting due to attendance in excess of fire code regulations or in the event of a building or weather emergency.
- Groups may cancel their reservation; however, refunds will not be given for cancellations made within 24 hours of the meeting date.
Priority for use of the meeting rooms will be given in the following order:
- Glen Ellyn Public Library sponsored meetings or programs
- Meetings whose membership includes a Glen Ellyn library cardholder
- Meetings of groups whose membership does not have a Glen Ellyn library card
Violations of Policy
If any policy violations occur, the Meeting Room Coordinator, Circulation Director, or Library Director will notify the person who reserved the room.
If a group or organization has been denied permission to use the meeting room, they may appeal the denial to the Library Board of Trustees at the Board’s next regularly scheduled meeting. However, written notice of said appeal and all written documentation supporting the appeal are to be delivered to the Library Director at least five business days before such Board meeting.
Review of Policy
The Board of Trustees of the Glen Ellyn Public Library will review the Meeting Room Policy periodically and reserves the right to amend the policy at any time.