To help you with your job search, our Instruction Librarian has curated this list of resources.
- State of Illinois Unemployment FAQs
- Unemployment Benefits – Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) File an Unemployment Claim
- Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) Unemployment Insurance
- USA.gov (Federal Government) Unemployment Help
- College of DuPage Job Search Resources
- workNet DuPage – No cost services for job seekers and employers.
- People’s Resource Center Job Assistance
- Goodwill Workforce Connection Centers
- CareerOneStop – Resources for career exploration, training and jobs. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- How to Get a Job: A Step-by-Step Guide
- For Job Seekers and Students
- Resources to Help You Navigate the Challenges of Today’s Job Market
- Resume Templates
- Optimize Your Resume and Boost Interview Chances
- Tutorial Videos – Job Skills – Creating Resumes, Online Job Searching, and Applying for Jobs Online
- Free Online Learning from Goodwill Community Foundation (GCF) Global
- Online Classes to Explore Your Creativity from Skillshare
- Online Courses from edX
- Learn the Latest Tech Skills: Advance Your Career from Udacity
- Get Hired Illinois
- Find a Job with Careerbuilder
- Find Jobs in Tech with Dice
- Job Search with Glassdoor
- Job Search with Indeed
- Use the LinkUp Job Search Engine
- In-demand talent on demand with Upwork
- Start Selling with Fiverr
- Find Freelance Jobs Online with Freelancer
- What Can You Do? The Campaign for Disability Employment’s Resources for Job Seekers and Employees
Available from the Glen Ellyn Public Library
Using Virtual Personal Assistants
Monday, March 8, 2021 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Siri, Alexa, and Cortana are big names in tech and are touchfree. Learn what these applications can do and whether using one could help you. Presented by technology tutor Mike...
Powers of Attorney: Finance and Health Care
Thursday, March 25, 2021 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Shirley Ramadani of Piercey & Associates in Oak Brook will discuss the importance of protecting yourself financially and medically by selecting and naming an agent as your legal representative. Learn...
Saturday, April 10, 2021 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
The Illinois State Treasurer is holding $2.5 billion in unclaimed funds for Illinoisans. The State holds these lost funds until they are claimed by either the original owner or the owner’s...
Saving to The Cloud
Wednesday, April 28, 2021 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Learn how to safely back up your documents, music, and photos using various free cloud-based software options. Learn the basics of storing copies on different devices and the 3-2-1 strategy—three...