JOBNOW New Website Landing Page
To help you with your job search, our Instruction Librarian has curated this list of resources.
- State of Illinois Unemployment FAQs
- Unemployment Benefits – Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) File an Unemployment Claim
- Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) Unemployment Insurance
- USA.gov (Federal Government) Unemployment Help
- College of DuPage Job Search Resources
- workNet DuPage – No cost services for job seekers and employers.
- People’s Resource Center Job Assistance
- Goodwill Workforce Connection Centers
- CareerOneStop – Resources for career exploration, training and jobs. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- How to Get a Job: A Step-by-Step Guide
- For Job Seekers and Students
- Resources to Help You Navigate the Challenges of Today’s Job Market
- Resume Templates
- Optimize Your Resume and Boost Interview Chances
- Tutorial Videos – Job Skills – Creating Resumes, Online Job Searching, and Applying for Jobs Online
- Free Online Learning from Goodwill Community Foundation (GCF) Global
- Online Classes to Explore Your Creativity from Skillshare
- Online Courses from edX
- Learn the Latest Tech Skills: Advance Your Career from Udacity
- Get Hired Illinois
- Find a Job with Careerbuilder
- Find Jobs in Tech with Dice
- Job Search with Glassdoor
- Job Search with Indeed
- Use the LinkUp Job Search Engine
- In-demand talent on demand with Upwork
- Start Selling with Fiverr
- Find Freelance Jobs Online with Freelancer
- What Can You Do? The Campaign for Disability Employment’s Resources for Job Seekers and Employees
Available from the Glen Ellyn Public Library
Resume vs. the Robot
Wednesday, August 11, 2021 10:00 am to 11:00 am
When you submit an online job application, computer algorithms determine whether you are a qualified candidate. People’s Resource Center will explain how to design a resume to get past the...
Office 365: Collaborate
Thursday, August 19, 2021 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Technology tutor Bill Dallman will demonstrate how to share documents and collaborate with other people using Microsoft’s Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive Office 365 applications.
Microsoft Word intermediate
Monday, September 20, 2021 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Dive deeper into Microsoft's word processing application with this intermediate-level class.
Saturday, October 16, 2021 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Ever dreamed of flying? Come find out if you could make it as a pilot with our new Flight Simulator. One hour time slots, call Joe Halter at 630-423-6664 to reserve your...
Skills for Bridging the Digital Divide
Thursday, October 28, 2021 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
North & South Meeting Rooms
Microsoft Excel intermediate
Tuesday, November 16, 2021 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Take your spreadsheet skills to the next level. Learn how to filter, link and format data, and create charts in Excel.