The Glen Ellyn Public Library is an official Passport Acceptance Facility. Please stop at the Library Services Desk to be directed to an agent.
Passport Processing Hours
Passport hours may vary when our regular hours of operation change. Check here for regular hours and closings. We must stop processing applications 1.5 hours before closing. On Tuesday, January 31, 2019, passport processing hours will end at 11:30 am.
|Monday–Thursday||9:30 am – 7:30 pm|
|Friday||9:30 am – 3:30 pm|
|Saturday||9:30-11:30 am and 1:30-3:30 pm|
Applications may be filled out online at travel.state.gov and then printed single-sided. The library also provides applications, which must be filled out in black ink with no whiteout.
Do not sign the application until asked to do so by an agent. The application must be filled out completely, including the social security number. Staff will not accept applications without social security numbers.
The library does not take appointments and during busy times, there may be a waiting list. Applicants must be completely prepared before their name can be added to the wait list. Please note that weekends can be busy and wait times may be longer.
What To Bring With You
- Application: Applications may be filled out online at travel.state.gov and then printed single-sided. The library also provides applications which must be filled out in black ink with no whiteout. Do not sign the application until asked to do so by an agent. The application must be filled out completely, including the social security number. Staff will not accept applications without social security numbers.
- Applicant and Relevant Parties: The applicant must be present.
- Applications for Children Under Age 16: Two parents and child(ren) must be present for all minor applications.
- Valid Photo Identification: Applicants and parents of applicants under age 16 must have a valid photo ID, plus a photocopy of that ID.
- Original Proof of Citizenship: Such as certified, original, long form birth certificates, naturalization papers, or a U.S. Passport for applicants over the age of 16.
- Fees: Two separate fees are needed. Each passport application must have a separate check or money order made out to the U.S. Department of State. There is an additional processing fee of $35 per application that can be totaled for all applicants. Checks for the processing fee are made out to the Glen Ellyn Public Library; we will also accept cash or credit card for the processing fees only.
- Passport Photo: The library does not provide photo services. A 2×2-inch photo with a white background printed on photo quality paper are the basic requirements. The U.S. State Department has strict photo guidelines and acceptance of your photo is always at the discretion of the U.S. passport agency. Note that your new passport photo must be without eyeglasses. Please visit travel.state.gov for more detailed information about photos. It is not recommend that you attempt to take your own passport photo.
The library does not accept mail-in renewal applications. To process your renewal, please visit the State Department’s website. If you were under 16 when your passport was issued, you cannot renew.
- If one parent is unable to attend, a notarized DS-3053 Statement of Consent form must be submitted along with a copy of the front and back of the non-applying parent’s ID.
- Acceptable forms of identification are a valid Illinois driver’s license, Illinois state ID card, valid passport, or military ID card.
- If the applicant is 16 or 17 years of age, one parent must accompany the applicant. Both the parent and the applicant must bring valid photo identification. If the applicant does not have a valid state-issued identification, a school ID is acceptable.
- Additional documentation is needed for births abroad and domestic and foreign adoptions.
This is a general overview and not all situations are covered under these tips. Please contact the Glen Ellyn Public Library or visit travel.state.gov for more detailed information regarding passports.