The Glen Ellyn Public Library Board of Trustees seeks a candidate to fill a vacancy on the Library Board. The Board is committed to maintaining a diverse Board that reflects the Glen Ellyn community. The selected candidate will serve until the next regular election in April 2025.
The Library Board is composed of seven members and Trustees must be residents of incorporated Glen Ellyn. On average, the Trustee position takes a commitment of up to four to six hours per month (this includes one to two meetings and preparation). Regular meetings of the board are on the 3rd Monday of the month at 7 pm.
Library Trustee Responsibilities
- Financial oversight, including reviewing monthly bill lists, budget documents, and other financial documents, reviewing the annual audit, adopting a tax levy and annual budget that meets the financial needs of the library and/or seek additional funding to ensure the library has sufficient funding.
- Hire a qualified library director and provide ongoing evaluation for the director.
- Adopt formal policies that govern the library.
- Advocate for the library in the community and with elected officials.
- Attend and actively participate in Board meetings and Board committee meetings.
- Participate in the library’s outreach events.
For more information, please contact Dawn Bussey, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-790-6760.
To apply, please print, fill out, and either scan and email the Interim Trustee Application form to email@example.com or submit the form to any library service desk by Friday, January 12, 2024. The Board will review applications at the Monday, January 15 board meeting and schedule interviews in January.