The Glen Ellyn Public Library can help you
- register to vote. Please call the Adult Department at 630-790-6630 prior to your visit to ensure that a deputy registrar is available.
- check your voter registration status. Use this link to check your voting registration status, or see a librarian at the 2nd Floor Information Desk.
- find your polling place. Please see a librarian at the 2nd Floor Information Desk.
- request an absentee ballot. Print and mail the Absentee/Vote by Mail Request Form to the DuPage County Election Commission, or apply online for a Vote By Mail ballot.
- with resources to make an informed decision prior to election day.
Register to Vote
To register to vote, you will need to provide the following information
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Phone number
- Drivers license or Social Security number
You will need two forms of identification; one must show your current address. You must also have an Illinois drivers’ license number or provide the last four digits of your social security number.
To register to vote, you must be
- a U.S. citizen
- at least 18 years old on or before election day
You can register to vote
- In person at
- Any city, village, or township hall in DuPage County
- The 2nd Floor Information Desk at the library. If you would like to register to vote at the library, please call the Adult Department at 630-790-6630 prior to your visit to ensure that a deputy registrar is available.
- By mail using the Voter Application Form (Also available in Spanish) at least 28 days prior to the election.
- Online by visiting the DuPage County Election Commission Page
Visit the DuPage County Election Commission Page for more information on ways to register to vote.
Election Day Information
For any questions about registering to vote or information for voters, contact the 2nd Floor Information Desk at 630-469-0879 or reference followed by @gepl.org.
The DuPage County Election Commission is your local board of elections.
8 am to 4:30 pm Monday-Friday
DuPage County Election Commission
Jack T. Knuepfer Building
421 N. County Farm Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
Phone (English): 630-407-5600
Phone (Spanish): 630-407-5630
Phone (TDD): 630-407-5631
Request an Absentee Ballot or Vote Early
Registered voters in DuPage County may vote early at any DuPage County Early Voting site located throughout the County.
- An early voter is not required to state a reason for voting early.
- A registered voter simply drops by an Early Voting site and presents a valid government-issued photo ID.
- Once an early vote has been cast, the vote is final. The voter may not go to the polling place on Election Day to change a vote.
AllSides: Provides multiple points of view to a story or an issue.
FactCheck: A project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania. Monitors political players and checks the accuracy of what they say.
League of Women Voters of Glen Ellyn: Local chapter of the League of Women Voters. Political but nonpartisan, LWV-GE does not endorse candidates or parties but does take positions on political issues.
Open Secrets: Operated by the nonpartisan, nonprofit Center for Responsive Politics. Tracks the effect of money on U.S. politics, elections, and public policy.
PolitiFact: Political fact-checking website operated by the Tampa Bay Times.
ProCon.Org: A nonprofit, nonpartisan public charity. Presents controversial issues in a straightforward, nonpartisan, primarily pro-con format.