- Connect to wifi
- Select a language
- Ignore the battery bug
- Ignore the occasional Apple popups
- These devices are pre-loaded with Duolingo, Duolingo ABC, and Droplets for kids
- You should be able to use the device without internet access, but some features may require internet access. In those cases, the iPod can connect to your home wi-fi by going into the settings menu. The settings menu is not on the first page of the home screen –
you will have to scroll to find it.
- While we have done our best to hide communication apps like email, text, and Safari (internet browser), some tech savvy kids may be able to find these and use them. It is the your responsibility to monitor the child’s activity for their safety.
- When the device is returned, we will do our best to delete stored data, but for privacy
purposes, do not add any unnecessary personal information to the apps.
- On the karaoke speaker, use the Mode button to set the USB/SD/Bluetooth Player to bt
- The karaoke speaker device is named gemini (in Bluetooth)
- 0/1 is on/off switch.
- The device takes a minute to start up.
- There is a button to blend the heat signature with the onscreen camera.
- Far/near does nothing useful.
- For a picture of results, take a photo with your mobile phone.
Questions? Contact Technology Services at 630-423-6664.