The purpose of the Glen Ellyn Public Library social media platforms is to disseminate information about and discuss Library programs and services and relevant community events.
As a result, the Library’s social media accounts are a limited public forum. The Glen Ellyn Public Library will review all comments and posts for appropriate content. Any comments and posts containing the following are considered in violation of the library’s Member Code of Conduct and will be immediately removed by library staff:
- Obscene, sexual, or pornographic content or language
- Content that promotes discrimination on the basis of race, age, religion, or gender
- Threats to any person
- Conduct that violates any federal, state, or local law or encourages illegal activity
- Promotion of any commercial activities
- Spam, links, or malware
- Advocation for or against a candidate, referendum, or campaign
By posting content on any library social media site, you agree to abide by the above rules.