Used Book Sale Co-Chairs
Community Mailing Chair
Community Outreach Chair
Friends of the Library
Friends of the Library (FOL) is a volunteer organization dedicated to raising funds to supplement the library’s annual budget for materials, programs, and literacy initiatives in the local community. The Friends welcome new members and offer service opportunities for youth and adult groups.
- sorting books
- preparing our community mailings
- working at used book sales. Used book sale shifts are usually two hours and duties include cashiering, stocking bookshelves, and assisting customers.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the Friends by email at friends followed by @gepl.org or contact the Library Director.
Used Book Sales
The Friends hold several fund-raising used book sales throughout the year and welcome book donations for these sales.
When you are at the library, visit the Used Book Nook to browse a limited selection of books available for purchase. Check the Friends’ Facebook page for up-to-date information on pop-up sales. You can also request an appointment to shop during the Friends’ weekly sorting sessions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
PaypalMake a safe and secure donation to Friends of the Glen Ellyn Public Library via Paypal:
Used BooksIf you have items to donate, please call Dennis McCarthy, Building Engineer, at 630-790-6765 to schedule a drop-off appointment with the Maintenance Department. The Friends accept bagged or boxed
- quality adult and children’s books in good condition
- recent computer games and software
- music (CDs and albums)
- encyclopedia sets
- old computer software and manuals
- weekly magazines
- damaged, musty, or outdated materials