The Middle Squad
Join the Middle Squad and have fun while you make your library even better by volunteering!
- During the school year, September – May, work two hours a week during four to five week sessions. Each session ends with a “thank you” party.
- Over the summer, June to early August, complete an orientation and receive specific times to come in to work. At the end of the summer, attend a “thank you” party.
- Respect library rules and staff
- Arrive on time for your shift
- Sign in/out at the Youth Information Desk
- Dress appropriately for volunteer work
- Complete work assigned to you
- Notify the Middle School Librarian if you are unable to make your scheduled time
- Cut and stock scratch paper
- Clean toys used in the Youth Department
- Pull books based on librarian generated list
- Tidy shelves
- Check condition of books
- Help prepare for programs