Volunteer at the Library
Do you like to be productive and have fun at the same time? Help make your library even better by volunteering.
During the school year, volunteers work two hours a week for four weeks. During the fifth week, volunteers are rewarded with a party for all their hard work. Over the summer, after completing an orientation, volunteers are assigned specific times to come in to work. At the end of the summer, volunteers are invited to attend a pizza part as a thank you.
Both types of volunteers need to complete the Middle School Volunteer Application form below.
- Respect library rules and staff
- Arrive on time for your shift
- Sign in/out at the Youth Information Desk
- Dress appropriately for volunteer work
- Complete work assigned to you
- Notify Tom Malinowski, Middle School Librarian, at 630-790-6738 if you are unable to make your scheduled time
- Cut and stock scratch paper
- Clean toys used in the Youth Department
- Pull books based on librarian generated list
- Tidy shelves
- Check condition of books
- Help prepare for programs and more!
The Glen Ellyn Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The library does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, and any other legally protected categories.