The Middle Squad
I sure do miss seeing the energy and creativity when volunteers are in the library. We’ll let you know as soon as possible when we can have you back. But there are opportunities to volunteer virtually. Take a look. I’m open to other suggestions as well. When you help the community, you’re helping the library, and I want to reward you!
- Be a Middle School Marvel | Share information about what makes you uniquely you! Fill out a fun questionnaire, and you could be featured on the Middle School page of our website!
- Write a Review | Share your favorite and least favorite books, movies, music, and video games.
- Submit an idea for a program | The library serves a population of more than 27,000 residents and provides a variety of educational, informational, and recreational programs to meet the diverse needs of the Glen Ellyn community. What program would you like to see at the library?
- Create kindness rocks | Create a kindness rock and put it somewhere for someone else to find. Sharing words of kindness and wisdom help alleviate stress and inspire others to follow your example. Take a few pictures as you create and email them to me.
- Send feedback | Did you recently participate in a library program? Email me and tell me about your experience – What did you like? How can we improve?
- Send greeting cards | Design two greeting cards with brief, friendly messages inside to brighten our homebound members’ days. You can drop them off at the drive-up window, the Library Services Desk, or in the Youth Department, and we’ll pass them on. Be creative!
- Create bookmarks | Make some fun bookmarks to share with our homebound members! You can drop them off at the drive-up window, the Library Services Desk, or in the Youth Department, and we’ll pass them on. (Two bookmarks=30 minutes)
- Write a guest article (minimum 250 words) | Write in detail about a topic, database, book, hobby, or recipe. Don’t forget pictures! Email me to get topic approval.
- Make homemade dog treats | Do you love baking, and dogs? Whip up some easy dog treats and donate them to 4 Paws 4 U 4 Ever. Take a few pictures during the baking process and a picture of your finished product and email them to me. Please contact the shelter directly (phone 630-293-8772) first to check about submissions and to coordinate drop-off.
- Make DIY cat toys | Get creative and make cat wand, cat toy pom pom, or some other toys for the adoptable cats and kittens at A.R.F.! Please contact A.R.F. directly (phone 630-200-3828) first to check about submissions and then to coordinate drop-off. Take a few pictures during the crafting process and a picture of your finished products and email them to me.
Suggestions for cheerful messages for greeting cards
- May your day be filled with all kinds of bright sunny things
- I’m just sending a note and a smile to you today. Have a great day!
- Sending cheerful thoughts to brighten your day
- Sending lots of hugs your way
- Have a beautiful day
- Wishing the happiest of days to a wonderful person!
- There is no one quite like you. Never forget how special you are!
- Hoping your day is as wonderful as you are! Hang in there!
- Hoping today that you find some little comforts and joys in the ordinary things around you.
- Hoping today brings you happiness and all things good!
- Sending major good vibes your way.